• Thomas Hampson

by Published on April 10th, 2012 06:50 AM  Number of Views: 4562 
    Article Preview

I've attended Macbeth at the Metropolitan Opera House tonight, and went backstage to meet Thomas Hampson.

First, let me tell you about him. He's very friendly and funny.

I was looking for his room, peeking at the names on the doors, and he bumped into me on the corridor when I was reading another singer's name on a door, and he asked: "Are you looking for Günther?" [Günther Groissböck, in the role of Banquo.] I said, "no, I'm looking for you!" He said, "Almaviva?" I said, "yes" and he said "io sono Figaro."
    by Published on April 4th, 2012 12:24 AM
    Article Preview

Luiz Gazzola has interviewed outstanding American baritone Thomas Hampson exclusively for Opera Lively. [Opera Lively interview # 17]

Mr. Hampson is an extremely intelligent man (read the last two paragraphs of his biography below!), and commands an admirable depth and breadth of operatic knowledge. His insights were most impressive, and we are sure that this interview is one of the gems of our website. Our thanks to Mr. Albert Imperato who facilitated the exchange, and his agency 21C Media Group.

Photo credits, © Dario Acosta.

© Opera Lively - Disclaimer: this exclusive interview is copyrighted by Opera Lively with all rights reserved, and is not to be reproduced without express authorization. Brief excerpts can be used after consultation (use the Contact Us form) as long as proper credit and a link to the full interview on Opera Lively are provided. Links to the interview can be posted without authorization.

free html visitor counters
hit counter

Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera