• Saimir Pirgu

by Published on October 4th, 2012 12:00 AM
    Article Preview

This is the tenor everybody has been talking about. He was recently featured in Opera News Magazine and was on the cover of Opera Now. His success of late has been tremendous. I interviewed Mr. Pirgu for Opera Lively via Skype teleconference, the day before his debut at San Francisco Opera, and was impressed with his friendly and relaxed demeanor [Opera Lively interview # 61]. I look forward to seeing him live on stage at the Met in March 2013 (I have tickets for his Traviata with Diana Damrau and Plácido Domingo). Our readers will enjoy this endearing interview.

© Fadil Berisha

© Opera Lively - Disclaimer: this exclusive interview is copyrighted by Opera Lively with all rights reserved, and is not to be reproduced without express authorization. Brief excerpts can be used after consultation (use the Contact Us form) as long as proper credit and a link to the full interview on Opera Lively are provided. Links to the interview can be posted without authorization.

Singer:
    Saimir Pirgu
    Fach: Light lyric tenor
    Born in: Elbasan, Albania
    Currently in: Bellini's I Capuleti e i Montecchi (Tebaldo), San Francisco Opera. Opening night was on September 29. Subsequent performances are tonight, and October 11, 14, 16, and 19. Tickets [here].
    Next in: Donizetti's L'Elisir d'Amore (Nemorino), Wiener Staatsoper, November 8, 2012. Verdi's La Traviata in December at Teatro San Carlo, Naples. Next Metropolitan Opera appearance, La Traviata (Alfredo Germont, alongside Diana Damrau and Plácido Domingo), March 14, 18, 23, 26, 30, 2013, and April 3, 6, 2013 - tickets [here]

free html visitor counters
hit counter

Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera