Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 145

Thread: Funny pics about opera and music

          
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #121
    Opera Lively Staff Member Top Contributor Member Hoffmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemorino View Post
    Attachment 10319

    NOPE

    "Bayreuth" is not short for "Bayerische Staatsoper".
    Not even close. I'm surprised that lightening didn't strike the perpetrator! With old RW himself hurling the thunderbolts.

  2. #122
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need cheering up? Victor Borge plays an opera by that famous danish composer Hans-Christian Mozart. It's worth watching the whole clip but the opera bit starts at about 4.40 if you are in a hurry.

    Natalie

  3. #123
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Need cheering up? Victor Borge plays an opera by that famous danish composer Hans-Christian Mozart. It's worth watching the whole clip but the opera bit starts at about 4.40 if you are in a hurry.

    Brilliant! I love his facial expressions.

  4. Likes Soave_Fanciulla liked this post
  5. #124
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    This might be me tomorrow at Carmen, but more because of the remains of a cough. That last facial expression though, is spot on.

    Natalie

  6. Likes Ingvar, Povero Buoso, Clayton liked this post
  7. #125
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    This might be me tomorrow at Carmen, but more because of the remains of a cough. That last facial expression though, is spot on.

    That's brilliant!

  8. #126
    Opera Lively Staff Member Top Contributor Member Hoffmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on board with this - I had some kind of respiratory thing in my chest when I arrived in Germany. The announcement at the Berlin Philharmonic before the concert - the one where they tell you to turn off our phones also told us not to cough. The first piece played, fortunately, was a Ravel and I suddenly was choking down a cough. Luckily, I was sitting on the aisle, so was able to scramble outside. The Philharmonic has a very nice water station at one of the concessions with a pitcher of water and cups with no charge. Very civilized.

  9. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
  10. #127
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    I'm on board with this - I had some kind of respiratory thing in my chest when I arrived in Germany. The announcement at the Berlin Philharmonic before the concert - the one where they tell you to turn off our phones also told us not to cough. The first piece played, fortunately, was a Ravel and I suddenly was choking down a cough. Luckily, I was sitting on the aisle, so was able to scramble outside. The Philharmonic has a very nice water station at one of the concessions with a pitcher of water and cups with no charge. Very civilized.
    Not a nice feeling and good thing you were on the aisle. I buy cough suppressant lozenges from the chemist. He always advises they're not to be taken for a long period of time and I never admit that I don't actually have a cough but that I suck one before I go to see an opera.

  11. #128
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Lander (sospiro) View Post
    Not a nice feeling and good thing you were on the aisle. I buy cough suppressant lozenges from the chemist. He always advises they're not to be taken for a long period of time and I never admit that I don't actually have a cough but that I suck one before I go to see an opera.
    What I never understand is why people decide to let all their coughs out at once during the quiet bits? Whyyyy?
    Natalie

  12. #129
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    What I never understand is why people decide to let all their coughs out at once during the quiet bits? Whyyyy?
    I know. The quiet/silent bits of an opera are so special.

  13. #130
    Senior Member Veteran Member Povero Buoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Lander (sospiro) View Post
    I know. The quiet/silent bits of an opera are so special.
    If you absolutely must cough do it during the applause where there is a natural break in the opera. As most operas have a few arias or duets in which the audience naturally applause this is usually manageable.
    "Non sono in vena" Rodolfo summing up P.B's feelings on his dissertation.

  14. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
  15. #131
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Povero Buoso View Post
    If you absolutely must cough do it during the applause where there is a natural break in the opera. As most operas have a few arias or duets in which the audience naturally applause this is usually manageable.
    In the lovely prelude to act 3 of Carmen, the man behind me decided to give ha totally audible and rambling commentary on the scenery and staging. Which we could all see.
    Natalie

  16. #132
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    In the lovely prelude to act 3 of Carmen, the man behind me decided to give ha totally audible and rambling commentary on the scenery and staging. Which we could all see.
    Did you turned around and treat him to 'The Glare'?

  17. Likes Florestan liked this post
  18. #133
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Lander (sospiro) View Post
    Did you turned around and treat him to 'The Glare'?
    Yes and the irritated shhh gesture but he was too engrossed in relating the bleeding obvious at length to notice.
    Natalie

  19. #134
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Yes and the irritated shhh gesture but he was too engrossed in relating the bleeding obvious at length to notice.
    So annoying!!


  20. #135
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Festat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    S„o Paulo
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leyla Gencer will make you laugh out loud. The shade...


Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Funny opera quotes
    By Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) in forum General Operatic Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: February 14th, 2015, 10:16 PM
  2. Popular Music Rip-offs from Opera
    By Nervous Gentleman in forum General Operatic Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: December 29th, 2012, 05:19 AM
  3. Anybody here like opera or classical music?????
    By Aramis in forum Off-topic discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM
  4. Regarding Opera As Pure Music
    By Nigel Kesteren in forum General Operatic Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: October 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM
  5. Top Five Opera Character and Music Entrances
    By Soave_Fanciulla in forum General Operatic Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


free html visitor counters
hit counter




Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Asheville Lyric Opera

Official Media Partners of UNC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of UNC Opera
Dept. of Music, UNC-Chapel Hill College of Arts and Sciences

www.operalively.com

VISIT WWW.OPERALIVELY.COM FOR ALL YOUR OPERA NEEDS