Thread: Farewell

Bookmark and Share
    Schigolch

Farewell

I have been writing Opera related (and even some non-Opera related) stuff here since December 2011, when the site was started. In the fast-pacing world of Internet, it looks like ages ago. I guess I have been a little bit too prolific in my posting (in fact, at the time of writing, the most prolific member), and the quality was somewhat uneven, but I hope you would be so kind to dissimulate this on my behalf.

Well, all things have a beginning, and also an end. I feel this is the right time for me to stop my contributions to Opera Lively. It has been a privilege to share this venue with all of you, and I wish you the very best for the future.

Opera Lively Coordinator - Donor Member Top Contributor Member tyroneslothrop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schigolch View Post
    I have been writing Opera related (and even some non-Opera related) stuff here since December 2011, when the site was started. In the fast-pacing world of Internet, it looks like ages ago. I guess I have been a little bit too prolific in my posting (in fact, at the time of writing, the most prolific member), and the quality was somewhat uneven, but I hope you would be so kind to dissimulate this on my behalf.

Well, all things have a beginning, and also an end. I feel this is the right time for me to stop my contributions to Opera Lively. It has been a privilege to share this venue with all of you, and I wish you the very best for the future.
    It was a privilege to "cross swords" with such an absolute opera expert as yourself and you will definitely be missed.

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having you on board has been a joy and privilege, and I'm deeply thankful to you for your contributions, expertise, and wise advice.
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); September 12th, 2013 at 01:32 AM.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to second Alma. You have an extraordinary, encyclopedic knowledge of opera, impossible to replace. I really hope you can be persuaded to change your mind! If not, though, thanks for all your tremendous contributions to the site.

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I don't know what caused this sudden departure, I hope Schigolch and his family are well, and he'll be sorely missed. I had to make changes to the administrative structure because legally the site can't be without an administrator.
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); September 12th, 2013 at 01:35 AM.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively News Coordinator Top Contributor Member MAuer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Amfortas expressed what many of us are thinking. You will be very much missed.

Banned Top Contributor Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back, Anne!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure I should be bach, there are some disturbing signals all around. Like, I see Schigoslch left and went to copy-paste his posts from Opera Lively on TalkClassical, that's pretty awkward, ISN'T IT. Copying one's own post from one forum to another is awkward already, but why did he left if he wanted to continue posting about opera on the web. There must be something rotten in the state of Opera Lively... I may not see it yet, THE ISLAND WILL GIVE US A SIGN. Moreover, I see that the head of OL has been replaced and now it's some Luiz Gazzola geezer, never heard of him before but judging from the avatar it's some bookkeeper or shift manager at the bus depot, may turn out for better though... nevertheless, there are some disturbing factors about these tractors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Anne of Green Gables, you may find out that you'll like Opera Lively more now, with the changes, so, enjoy the ride and give it a chance. Hm... bookkeeper, shift manager at the bus depot? Where do I apply? These jobs would leave me more time to post about opera so they might be a good idea. Are the benefits good? I hope the pay is decent, because this place does suck up a lot of dough.

I'm not sure I should be bach
    So, instead, maybe you should try to be Mozart?

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne of Green Gables View Post
    ... There must be something rotten in the state of Opera Lively... I may not see it yet, THE ISLAND WILL GIVE US A SIGN.
    Nothing rotten here. Feeling under-the-weather maybe but definitely not moribund & perking up a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne of Green Gables View Post
    Moreover, I see that the head of OL has been replaced and now it's some Luiz Gazzola geezer, never heard of him before but judging from the avatar it's some bookkeeper or shift manager at the bus depot, may turn out for better though... nevertheless, there are some disturbing factors about these tractors.
    Talking of replacement shift managers, do you see anything of our old mate Aramis?
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

12. Likes Soave_Fanciulla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, instead, maybe you should try to be Mozart?
    I've tried, YOU HEARD WHAT CAME OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking of replacement shift managers, do you see anything of our old mate Aramis?
    I'm seeing so much of him that I'm getting really weary of it.