Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Your next opera experience - what are you going to see next?

Bookmark and Share
    Senior Member Involved Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the last week of my class, with the final this weekend, and then I'm free until August! In the last, desperate push of studying, I had to give my ticket to the last Rigoletto (happening right now) to a friend. I think I've done enough studying to go see Rosenkav (the second) tomorrow, even if earlier in the week I sat down to the livestream of Fliegende Hollander meaning only to listen to the overture, and accidentally heard the entire thing.

Next week is Don Giovanni, the first of my Hollander tickets, and the 50th gala, followed the week after that by Cyrano and my second Hollander. After that, the NY Opera Fest is starting up and I'm going to try and catch as much as I can. A quick glance reveals a Golden Cockerel, one of La Mere Coupable, and even a L'ile de Tulipatan. Also some contemporary operas, none of which I know anything about hah.

2. Likes Nemorino, Hoffmann, MAuer liked this post
    Opera Lively Staff Member Top Contributor Member Hoffmann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, ok. I bit. Once again, despite every fiber in my body shrieking "Nooooo. Not again. Don't do it!", I did it anyway. I guess it's now a Hoffmann tradition...

diving headfirst into Bayerische Staatsoper Bingo and ordered tickets for next summer's Ring and, of course, Parsifal starring none other than JK. And, signed up for an apartment for 11 days in the Altstadt, Munich. The cost for two of us: Priceless.

I got confirmation from the Staatsoper for my orders which state they won't decide until some 3 months in advance of the performances who will get tickets.

The apartment, allegedly, is cancelleable - though I've already had communications from the owner planning on us definitely being in Munich next year.

Easy come, easy go.

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    Ok, ok. I bit. Once again, despite every fiber in my body shrieking "Nooooo. Not again. Don't do it!", I did it anyway. I guess it's now a Hoffmann tradition...

diving headfirst into Bayerische Staatsoper Bingo and ordered tickets for next summer's Ring and, of course, Parsifal starring none other than JK. And, signed up for an apartment for 11 days in the Altstadt, Munich. The cost for two of us: Priceless.

I got confirmation from the Staatsoper for my orders which state they won't decide until some 3 months in advance of the performances who will get tickets.

The apartment, allegedly, is cancelleable - though I've already had communications from the owner planning on us definitely being in Munich next year.

Easy come, easy go.

Are you planning on seeing anything else while you're in Munich?

Opera Lively Staff Member Top Contributor Member Hoffmann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Lander (sospiro) View Post

Are you planning on seeing anything else while you're in Munich?

Not at this point. Wagner is the priority and Munich is so expensive that I think it's best to wait and see if these tickets come through - I think the other operas should be easier tickets...

But, also, maybe spend the off days doing some day or overnight trips. I've not been to Neuschwanstein - or any of Ludwig's castles, and I've not been to Salzburg. And, there's always Bayreuth!

6. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro), MAuer liked this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11