Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Mariella Devia

          
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adelia is wonderful. Played the whole thing in the car today on a long trip--it was WONDERFUL! Love Mariella Devia, and the tenor is pretty good too.
    Last edited by Soave_Fanciulla; January 9th, 2018 at 08:10 AM.
    Necessities of life: food, water, air, shelter, and opera.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found a complete Semiramide on You Tube with Devia and Podles as Arsace , from 1990:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i25nplkHZmk.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post

    [/SIZE][/URL]
    This one is as wonderful as Adelia! It just arrived today and I was thinking how wonderful it is and Mariella had not even sung yet.
    Necessities of life: food, water, air, shelter, and opera.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post
    This one is as wonderful as Adelia! It just arrived today and I was thinking how wonderful it is and Mariella had not even sung yet.
    Thanks to your link to the seller, I bought this a few weeks ago but put it aside n favor of some new DVDs. We just got back from a couple of days in Northern MI and I took this in the car and played it twice. It's a beauty!!

  5. #35
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGerald View Post
    Thanks to your link to the seller, I bought this a few weeks ago but put it aside n favor of some new DVDs. We just got back from a couple of days in Northern MI and I took this in the car and played it twice. It's a beauty!!
    Glad you liked it. All I can say is to buy every Mariella Devia CD you can get your hands on. She truly has an amazing voice. In fact, I am listening to her right now. I met her in La Fille du Regiment and she is phenomenal and lovable in that DVD.
    Necessities of life: food, water, air, shelter, and opera.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a chance to see a friend's video of Devia doing Elizabetta I in Roberto Devereux from last month in Genoa (I think). She is closing in on 70 (!), yet did a superb job. Sadly, no commercial release of this performance is likely. I know that Sutherland continued singing until relatively late in life (because I saw her!), but she enjoyed a well deserved reputation that permitted recordings to document her mature years to make a profit. Devia, IMHO, has the same great vocal quality and skill, but never seemed to gain a large enough following to fire up the recording gurus.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    The lady kept her voice from getting blown out. Nice. It's a shame that there are not more Devia DVDs out there. There is a commercial Maria Stuarda. You Tube has a Lucrezia Borgia--not sure complete, but it is goo.
    Necessities of life: food, water, air, shelter, and opera.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post
    ... You Tube has a Lucrezia Borgia--not sure complete, but it is goo.
    I meant good, not goo!
    Necessities of life: food, water, air, shelter, and opera.

  9. #39
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post
    I meant good, not goo!
    Darn. I was about to click "Buy."

  10. #40
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGerald View Post
    I had a chance to see a friend's video of Devia doing Elizabetta I in Roberto Devereux from last month in Genoa (I think). She is closing in on 70 (!), yet did a superb job. Sadly, no commercial release of this performance is likely. I know that Sutherland continued singing until relatively late in life (because I saw her!), but she enjoyed a well deserved reputation that permitted recordings to document her mature years to make a profit. Devia, IMHO, has the same great vocal quality and skill, but never seemed to gain a large enough following to fire up the recording gurus.
    There were two different DVD performances of Roberto Devereux with Mariella Devia released last November. nI want them both, but am hoping to find better used prices at some future date. I am in no hurry, having 20 opera DVDs in my queue waiting for a first watch.


    There is also a sound track of the one:
    Necessities of life: food, water, air, shelter, and opera.

  11. #41
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post
    ... I am in no hurry, having 20 opera DVDs in my queue waiting for a first watch.
    You have the beginnings of a good UWP there.

    I think probably our own Soave_Fanciulla or Almaviva will hold the record though!

  12. #42
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    42 physical DVDs

    20 from the library on a hard drive

    700 downloaded ones
    Natalie

  13. #43
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    42 physical DVDs

    20 from the library on a hard drive

    700 downloaded ones


    Is that your UWP?

  14. #44
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Lander (sospiro) View Post


    Is that your UWP?
    Yes
    Natalie

  15. #45
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    My unwatched pile has 21 DVDs

    2 Lohengrin
    3 Meistersinger
    5 Barber of Seville
    1 Khovanshchina
    1 La Cenerentola
    1 Hansel and Gretel
    1 L'elisir d'Amore
    3 Orphean operas
    1 Wagner Ring (de Billy)
    1 Tosca
    1 Ulysse (Monteverdi)
    1 Pergolesi Il Flaminio

    Am considering buying one of the Devia Roberto Devereux DVDs that just came out last year. Anybody have thoughts to which is better? I am leaning towards Campanella where she is in the red dress.
    Necessities of life: food, water, air, shelter, and opera.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


free html visitor counters
hit counter




Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Asheville Lyric Opera

Official Media Partners of UNC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of UNC Opera
Dept. of Music, UNC-Chapel Hill College of Arts and Sciences

www.operalively.com

VISIT WWW.OPERALIVELY.COM FOR ALL YOUR OPERA NEEDS