Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys!!!

Bookmark and Share
    Member Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hey guys!!!

Hey everyone, I'm 26 years old opera fan. I have discovered opera just a year ago lol I saw Rigoletto as a kid and hated it lol whole concept of opera was just boring for me, at the time (I was 11)... Then one day I have decided to give opera one more try (after all I use to take piano lesions for 7 years)... two hours later I fell madly in love with opera... It was Tosca with Kaufmann and Mattila (Munich Opera festival 2010) . Ever since then I enjoy listening, buy and discovering opera. I enjoy collecting opera on vinyl (but I buy cd's and even those obsoletes tapes, just because they look nice and they come in a nice pacage #DontJudgeMe). I still have a ton of famous stuff (composers, singers, conductors) to discover before I start exploring rare stuff. Anyway I hope I'll have fun here

2. Likes Festat, Clayton, Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, DasNino. People here can give you lots of suggestions for further exploration. It's an exciting journey!

4. Likes DasNino liked this post
    Member Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amfortas View Post
    Welcome to the forum, DasNino. People here can give you lots of suggestions for further exploration. It's an exciting journey!
    thanks I have been reading this place for some time now... I love reading what other people think about certain opera. I think opera is the only musical direction that I don't regret giving my money for lol does that make any sense??

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DasNino View Post
    thanks I have been reading this place for some time now... I love reading what other people think about certain opera. I think opera is the only musical direction that I don't regret giving my money for lol does that make any sense??
    Yes, we are all addicts (in the good sense) who spend a lot of money on opera... I guess it makes sense because it gives us so much pleasure. Welcome to Opera Lively. You seem quite enthusiastic so I bet you'll have fun here.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

7. Likes DasNino liked this post
    Member Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) View Post
    Yes, we are all addicts (in the good sense) who spend a lot of money on opera... I guess it makes sense because it gives us so much pleasure. Welcome to Opera Lively. You seem quite enthusiastic so I bet you'll have fun here.
    many thanks
    oh yes I am VERY enthusiastic about opera, and very much addicted too bad that I am in the middle of my internship (I am a pharmacist) and I am also taking German lesions (planing to move there next year) so there is not much time to listen to everything I want to, or to buy everything, oh well, step by step I guess

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been reading this place for some time now... I love reading what other people think about certain opera. I think opera is the only musical direction that I don't regret giving my money for lol does that make any sense??
    Welcome to the forum!

oh yes I am VERY enthusiastic about opera, and very much addicted too bad that I am in the middle of my internship (I am a pharmacist) and I am also taking German lesions (planing to move there next year) so there is not much time to listen to everything I want to, or to buy everything, oh well, step by step I guess
    You're going to fit right in, we're all enthusiasts here! Good luck with your studies and with learning German. Very useful for Mozart and erm that other chap ........ oh yes Richard.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

10. Likes DasNino liked this post
    Member Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post

You're going to fit right in, we're all enthusiasts here! Good luck with your studies and with learning German. Very useful for Mozart and erm that other chap ........ oh yes Richard.
    Thanks a lot yeah it already proved helpful, at least when it comes to Mozart. But about Richard... hmm... I don't know if I'm still ready to forgive him Elektra... I know it's one of his masterpieces but oh Lord, it sounded like one long scream, and I hate using word scream when I talk about opera, but that was a bit painful... I'll give it few more listens but it's not promising I wish I could only understand that piece of art same thing is with Aida... like I feel bad for not liking it lol

12. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot yeah it already proved helpful, at least when it comes to Mozart. But about Richard... hmm... I don't know if I'm still ready to forgive him Elektra... I know it's one of his masterpieces but oh Lord, it sounded like one long scream, and I hate using word scream when I talk about opera, but that was a bit painful... I'll give it few more listens but it's not promising I wish I could only understand that piece of art same thing is with Aida... like I feel bad for not liking it lol
    Hm... I think Sospiro was talking about the other Richard... The Wagner one.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

14. Likes Hoffmann, DasNino liked this post
    Senior Member Involved Member Nekrotzar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should check out Ariadne then! That hooked me with Strauss.

And don't worry about Aida, I don't like it either. Not much Verdi is to my liking to tell you the truth.

Welcome to the forum!
    If you would seek salvation, remember this:
    a life in Hell can still aspire to BLISS.

16. Likes DasNino liked this post
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Germany seems to be a great place to live if you like opera so viel Erfolg with the language learning.
    Natalie

18. Likes DasNino liked this post
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was but I struggle with Strauss as well.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

20. Likes DasNino, Soave_Fanciulla liked this post
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Clayton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DasNino and welcome to Opera Lively,

...but I buy cd's and even those obsoletes tapes, just because they look nice and they come in a nice pacage...
    We're going to get on just fine; I am a proud member of the packaging obsessed club!

Member Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh God, probably.. oh well, at least I finally got into Elektra, I just saw amazing movie or whatever it's called, version and it was just how I imagined Elektra should be. However, I still think it's better to watch this opera, instead to listen to it, or maybe it'll come with time.
    About Wagner, I still haven't heard any of his operas...

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotzar View Post
    You should check out Ariadne then! That hooked me with Strauss.

And don't worry about Aida, I don't like it either. Not much Verdi is to my liking to tell you the truth.

Welcome to the forum!
    it'll be my next Opera, right after Rosenkavalier thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Germany seems to be a great place to live if you like opera so viel Erfolg with the language learning.
    Vielen Dank Oh well, I hope next year is the year of my departure

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    Hi DasNino and welcome to Opera Lively,

We're going to get on just fine; I am a proud member of the packaging obsessed club!
    I knew I was not the only one how can anyone resist them when they look soooooo good + they (the tapes) are sooo cheap these days... I love visiting thrift shops, and Flohmärkte (have no idea what is the word for it in English), there I get most of my opera fix these days...

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh God, probably.. oh well, at least I finally got into Elektra, I just saw amazing movie or whatever it's called, version and it was just how I imagined Elektra should be. However, I still think it's better to watch this opera, instead to listen to it, or maybe it'll come with time.
    About Wagner, I still haven't heard any of his operas...

it'll be my next Opera, right after Rosenkavalier thanks for the tip

Vielen Dank Oh well, I hope next year is the year of my departure

I knew I was not the only one how can anyone resist them when they look soooooo good + they (the tapes) are sooo cheap these days... I love visiting thrift shops, and Flohmärkte (have no idea what is the word for it in English), there I get most of my opera fix these days...
    Flea markets?
    Natalie

24. Likes DasNino, Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Opera Lively Staff Member Top Contributor Member Hoffmann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome!

We'll have to work on you and the Wagner thing (and Sospiro, too, who has been holding out for far too long...). Germany is a terrific place to be an opera lover - great opera houses and it still has music stores!

Great group of folks here, enjoy!

26. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro), DasNino liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast