Thread: What opera have you purchased recently?

Bookmark and Share
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Dark_Angel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What opera have you purchased recently?

Related thread to "listening now" tell us what you have been buying.......
    (obsessive buyers confess your sins here)

I made a couple purchases today:

I have another Farnace recording on Naive label, but I jump at any chance to buy new release by conductor Diego Fasolis........

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had an Amazon Gift Card for an early Christmas present so I've just ordered these.

I used to have a CD of bassoon concertos but it got lost during one of my house moves & I'm really looking forward to hearing these again.

Mefistofele is a bit of an obsession & one more to add to my collection.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    I had an Amazon Gift Card for an early Christmas present so I've just ordered these.

Mefistofele is a bit of an obsession & one more to add to my collection.
    During the last year I purchased every Tebaldi studio release I could find......love every one (including this one!) She has the very best male supporting casts

Decca has collected all of her Puccini studio recordings in this great boxset, highly recommended:
    (very cheap Amazon USA)

Post Thanks / Like
    Recent viewing of Netrebko Anna Bolena blu ray caused a "mini" Donizetti tudor queen buy streak, I have the Sills, Callas, Sutherland so Gruberova was purchased:

5. Likes Florestan liked this post
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than Anna's Anna, my recent purchases which remain unseen and unheard thanks to the construction work, are these two:

"J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Banned Top Contributor Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to buy cigarettes but I landed at music shop before, to ask that blondie guy if my Chopin scores arrived and they weren't there, I'm always embrassed to leave shop without buying anything (must work on asertiveness) so I've asked him if he got that new solo CD of Mariusz Kwiecień, "Slavic Heroes" and he had it AND IT TURNED OUT THAT IT COSTS EXACTLY AS MUCH AS I HAD IN MY WALLET so I got it and Kwiecień saved me from starting smoking again (for now) as I had no more money to buy cigarettes, I'm grateful, will be even more grateful if this CD will prove to be worth of it's price. Perhaps I'll review it on the forum after listening carefully.

8. Likes Sonata liked this post
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I wanted to buy cigarettes but I landed at music shop before, to ask that blondie guy if my Chopin scores arrived and they weren't there, I'm always embarrassed to leave shop without buying anything (must work on assertiveness) so I've asked him if he got that new solo CD of Mariusz Kwiecień, "Slavic Heroes" and he had it so I've bought it AND IT TURNED OUT THAT IT COSTS EXACTLY AS MUCH AS I HAD IN MY WALLET so I got it and Kwiecień saved me from starting smoking again (for now), I'm grateful, will be even more grateful if this CD prove to be worth of it's price. Perhaps I'll review it on the forum after listening carefully.
    How long have you stopped smoking? Oh my dear friend, please try not to start again.

I don't know how much cigarettes cost where you live but you should look upon this CD as an omen. Each time you want to buy cigarettes, think of how many CDs you can buy if you don't smoke. In UK they cost about £6 - £7 for a packet of 20.

I look forward to your review.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Senior Member Involved Member jflatter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santa delivered this in the post for me today.

Name:  2700239.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  36.2 KB

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jflatter View Post
    Santa delivered this in the post for me today.

Name:  2700239.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  36.2 KB
    I've seen this one, it's pretty good, in spite of some vocal failures.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Festat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how much cigarettes cost where you live but you should look upon this CD as an omen. Each time you want to buy cigarettes, think of how many CDs you can buy if you don't smoke. In UK they cost about £6 - £7 for a packet of 20.
    That is the sad truth, I could buy a whole CD store with the money I've spent in cigarettes during my life (and I've been living for less than 21 years).

As for the thread, I'm a compulsive buyer as much as a compulsive smoker, I'm a bit ashamed to tell the truth here. I just ordered 20+ CDs/DVDs.

Banned Top Contributor Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long have you stopped smoking? Oh my dear friend, please try not to start again.

I look forward to your review.
    Well, the CD costed me as much as five packages of my used-to-be favourite fags, each of which could serve me for over two weeks (never was rife smoker) so it's not that bad. Och, and it's been over a year (if we're not counting ocassional smoking when treated).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Festat View Post
    That is the sad truth, I could buy a whole CD store with the money I've spent in cigarettes during my life (and I've been living for less than 21 years).

As for the thread, I'm a compulsive buyer as much as a compulsive smoker, I'm a bit ashamed to tell the truth here. I just ordered 20+ CDs/DVDs.
    Give us some of the dirty details.......the truth will set you free brother!

Aramis/Festat as Annie said good time to qiut smoking......(we are like your mother here)
    I can't believe anyone except millionare can smoke cigs in UK, 7 pounds is like $10+ USA.....that's insane!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    Aramis/Festat as Annie said good time to quit smoking......(we are like your mother here)
    I can't believe anyone except millionaires can smoke cigs in UK, 7 pounds is like $10+ USA.....that's insane!
    Millionaires & idiots.

Nobody ever got dumped, got sick or died from giving up smoking & you're only putting your hard earned money straight into the hands of the government & the obscenely rich tobacco companies.
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

16. Likes Clayton liked this post
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Festat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    Give us some of the dirty details.......the truth will set you free brother!
    Oh, 10 Rossini opera DVDs, some Mozart, some Brahms and some Debussy. And some Madonna singles.

You may judge me now.

Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ho-ho-ho. Look what I found under my Christmas Tree. Happy chappy right now.

This cover looks awful!

One more La Boheme