Thread: Technical Problems

Bookmark and Share
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Technical Problems

An attempt to upgrade to a newer version of the vBulletin software, done on 12/9/17, went wrong. The upgrade was done at 56% then aborted due to unexpected errors, resulting in several functions being currently disabled (like the Edit function, the Likes/Thanks). The site is slower than usual as the software seems to be struggling with two different sets of instructions, with the old version not having been properly over-written by the new version.

A technical support ticket has been started but hasn't been solved yet by vBulletin. Please be patient; we may encounter problems for a good while (hours or days) until everything is hopefully restored to proper functioning.

If ultimately this upgrade never completes properly and we need to restore a backed-up version of the site, the last back-up was done a few days ago (on 12/5/17 at 11:28 PM) so all posts after that date will be lost.

If you care for what you're posting in some particular way, save it elsewhere too so that you can re-post once the site is back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); December 10th, 2017 at 05:44 PM.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) View Post
    An attempt to upgrade to a newer version of the vBulletin software, done on 12/9/17, went wrong. The upgrade was done at 56% then aborted due to unexpected errors, resulting in several functions being currently disabled (like the Edit function, the Likes/Thanks). The site is slower than usual as the software seems to be struggling with two different set of instructions, with the old version not having been properly over-written by the new version.

A technical support ticket has been started but hasn't been solved yet by vBulletin. Please be patient; we may encounter problems for a good while (hours or days) until everything is hopefully restored to proper functioning.

If ultimately this upgrade never completes properly and we need to restore a backed-up version of the site, the last back-up was done a few days ago (on 12/5/17 at 11:28 PM) so all posts after that date will be lost.

If you care for what you're posting in some particular way, save it elsewhere too so that you can re-post once the site is back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
    Thanks for the update.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still no resolution, more than 24hrs after the request for technical support. I sent an email to Support complaining of the wait, and all that they did was... open another ticket, without addressing the first one. Sigh...
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still no resolution, more than 24hrs after the request for technical support. I sent an email to Support complaining of the wait, and all that they did was... open another ticket, without addressing the first one. Sigh...
    How frustrating and time consuming for you. All your hard work is much appreciated.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Post Thanks / Like
    I disabled thanks/like for now since it's not working anyway. I'll see about reinstalling it after Custom Support responds (still nothing) or a new version of it if the old version is not compatible with the new vBulletin.

Post Thanks / Like
    The upgrade script has completed. However the Thanks/Like function couldn't be restored. It appears like the version we have is not compatible with the updated vBulletin. I'll have to address the vendor of the add-on and I hope to eventually restore this function. For now and the next foreseeable days it will remain disabled.

On the good side, it doesn't seem like we'll need to restore a previous version of the site so everything posted after 12/6 should remain available.

Thanks for your patience while this issue was dealt with.

If you find any other glitch while dealing with the site, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks/Like has been restored.

The upgrade is complete. I hope everything is working properly now. Thanks for your patience and let me know if you encounter any difficulty.
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); December 13th, 2017 at 03:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks/Like has been restored.

The upgrade is complete. I hope everything is working properly now. Thanks for your patience and let me know if you encounter any difficulty.
    Thank you!
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

9. Likes Florestan, Hoffmann liked this post