Thread: Greetings from Miami, FL

Bookmark and Share
    Junior Member Newcomer
    Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Miami, FL

Hello everyone, my name is Gus and i am an avid opera lover and collector of this genre.

Sadly, the reason why i am joining this forum is not a happy one. Due to life's circumstaces that go beyond my control, i am forced to part ways with my extensive opera vinyl collection, which consists of over 1000 vinyls of opera, soprano, and tenor productions from all over the world. My collection includes Victrola/gramophone, 10's, 33's, and 45's that extend from the 20's until the early 80's.

As you can imagine, this is a decision that i have gone over back and forth many times; even to the point of retracting from lucrative offers once i find out that the real motive is just for the aesthetic of the covers, and where the actual vinyl will be recycled. I know it sounds ridiculous, specially from a guy in need, but i would rather sell it for less to somebody that will truly appreciate them, and enjoy them fully.

It will be a pleasure to communicate with all of you, and hopefully, most of my vinyls will end up in the hands of people like you. Also, I would truly appreciate any help any of you guys could give me when it comes to putting me in contact with potential buyers....and with that being "said", I'll start my first thread on the classifieds section with my collection of the master, Giuseppe Verdi.

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by guzdacuz View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Gus and i am an avid opera lover and collector of this genre.

Sadly, the reason why i am joining this forum is not a happy one. Due to life's circumstaces that go beyond my control, i am forced to part ways with my extensive opera vinyl collection, which consists of over 1000 vinyls of opera, soprano, and tenor productions from all over the world. My collection includes Victrola/gramophone, 10's, 33's, and 45's that extend from the 20's until the early 80's.

As you can imagine, this is a decision that i have gone over back and forth many times; even to the point of retracting from lucrative offers once i find out that the real motive is just for the aesthetic of the covers, and where the actual vinyl will be recycled. I know it sounds ridiculous, specially from a guy in need, but i would rather sell it for less to somebody that will truly appreciate them, and enjoy them fully.

It will be a pleasure to communicate with all of you, and hopefully, most of my vinyls will end up in the hands of people like you. Also, I would truly appreciate any help any of you guys could give me when it comes to putting me in contact with potential buyers....and with that being "said", I'll start my first thread on the classifieds section with my collection of the master, Giuseppe Verdi.
    Hi, Gus, welcome to Opera Lively. Sorry to hear that your life circumstances are making you part ways with your beloved collection. Please feel free to post your collection on the classifieds section; it's a free service. I don't want to discourage you too much but I must say that I don't expect a huge return. These days, most people don't even have turntables, since it's been all shifted to CDs and now to digital downloads. Maybe you should google the issue to see if there are specialized stores that might want to buy your collection or have it there in conditional bases to see if it sells, in which case they'd give you a percentage of the sales. But good luck anyway.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gus, welcome to the forum. What a horrible decision to have to make. I certainly know that collections can cause space problems, even when they are just CDs and DVDs. I hope you find the right buyer.
    Natalie