Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1372

Thread: New and upcoming CDs, DVDs, and blu-rays

          
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #241
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaviva View Post
    Wow, five or six in-flight opera selections! Were you traveling first class, Nat?
    Bitter laugh. No, even the cattle get opera on Singapore airlines.
    Natalie

  2. Likes MAuer liked this post
  3. #242
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    9,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, this Olga Peretyatko is another very attractive soprano!
    And I love the fact that another obscure Rossini is being released.
    I find "making ofs" featuring the conductor rehearsing the orchestra and the singers very entertaining.
    The only thing I don't like is the stereotypical depiction of a psychiatric hospital, done just like Hollywood does, with the usual weirdos behaving in bizarre ways. Real life psychiatric hospitals usually look a lot like any other hospital and the mentally ill usually look and behave like regular folks. This stereotype always irks me since it enhances societal stigma and misunderstanding of what mental illness is. I know, this has nothing to do with Rossini, I'm just venting one of my pet peeves.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  4. Likes MAuer, Amfortas, Soave_Fanciulla liked this post
  5. #243
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Yse, they had a selection of about 5 or 6 - but this was the only one I hadn't seen.
    How civilised.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

  6. #244
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair (London)
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mozart, La finta giardiniera K196

    Sophie Karthäuser (Sandrina/Violante), Jeremy Ovenden (Il Contino Belfiore), Alexandrina Pendatchanska (Arminda), Marie-Claude Chappuis (Ramiro), Sunhae Im (Serpetta), Michael Nagy (Nardo/Roberto), Freiburger Barockorchester, René Jacobs. October 2012, 3 CDs, Harmonia Mundi.

  7. #245
    Senior Member Veteran Member Aksel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    Mozart, La finta giardiniera K196

    Sophie Karthäuser (Sandrina/Violante), Jeremy Ovenden (Il Contino Belfiore), Alexandrina Pendatchanska (Arminda), Marie-Claude Chappuis (Ramiro), Sunhae Im (Serpetta), Michael Nagy (Nardo/Roberto), Freiburger Barockorchester, René Jacobs. October 2012, 3 CDs, Harmonia Mundi.
    We, we, we so exited!

    Alexandrina Pendatschanska's Arminda should be amazing. But so is everything she does.
    Bummer they didn't get Topi Lehtipuu as Belfiore, though.

  8. #246
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Askel, get over here - countertenor extravaganza - in addition to Jaroussky you can haz Max Emanuel Cencic, Franco Fagioli, Valer Barna-Sabadus, Yuriy Mynenko, plus Daniel Behle.

    Natalie

  9. #247
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    Mozart, La finta giardiniera K196

    Sophie Karthäuser (Sandrina/Violante), Jeremy Ovenden (Il Contino Belfiore), Alexandrina Pendatchanska (Arminda), Marie-Claude Chappuis (Ramiro), Sunhae Im (Serpetta), Michael Nagy (Nardo/Roberto), Freiburger Barockorchester, René Jacobs. October 2012, 3 CDs, Harmonia Mundi.
    On special right now in the Presto Classical Harmonia Mundi sale (your chance to pick up those other Jacobs Mozart recordings if you don't already have them.
    Natalie

  10. #248
    Senior Member Veteran Member Aksel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    On special right now in the Presto Classical Harmonia Mundi sale (your chance to pick up those other Jacobs Mozart recordings if you don't already have them.
    Oh great, here goes some more money ...

  11. Likes MAuer liked this post
  12. #249
    Schigolch
    Guest

  13. #250
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair (London)
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksel View Post
    We, we, we so exited!

    Alexandrina Pendatschanska's Arminda should be amazing. But so is everything she does.
    Bummer they didn't get Topi Lehtipuu as Belfiore, though.
    Yes, excited indeed. Here is the art-cover.


  14. Likes Aksel liked this post
  15. #251
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair (London)
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks really good! For once, a very traditional staging of a Handel opera!

    Handel, Rodelinda



    Renee Fleming (Rodelinda), Andreas Scholl (Bertarido), Stephanie Blythe (Eduige), Joseph Kaiser (Grimoaldo), Iestyn Davies (Unulfo), Moritz Linn (Flavio), The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, Harry Bicket. Decca, both DVD and Blu-ray: 1 October 2012

  16. #252
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    This looks really good! For once, a very traditional staging of a Handel opera!

    Handel, Rodelinda



    Renee Fleming (Rodelinda), Andreas Scholl (Bertarido), Stephanie Blythe (Eduige), Joseph Kaiser (Grimoaldo), Iestyn Davies (Unulfo), Moritz Linn (Flavio), The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, Harry Bicket. Decca, both DVD and Blu-ray: 1 October 2012
    Yes I saw this in the cinema. Iestyn Davis especially good.
    Natalie

  17. #253
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh for crying out loud, guys! There are already a couple of good Rodelinda DVDs on the market, and now I've got to consider this one as well?

    I'm declaring a moratorium. Companies are no longer allowed to put out opera DVDs until I've caught up and bought all the good ones.

    At the rate I'm going, this could be a while.

  18. #254
    Schigolch
    Guest

  19. #255
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair (London)
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amfortas View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, guys! There are already a couple of good Rodelinda DVDs on the market, and now I've got to consider this one as well?

    I'm declaring a moratorium. Companies are no longer allowed to put out opera DVDs until I've caught up and bought all the good ones.

    At the rate I'm going, this could be a while.
    But those other two versions are weak, as far as their staging were concerned; one might even be Regie! A traditional staging addresses the imbalance, and with Renée Fleming and Andreas Scholl all on crystal clear Blu-ray, what could be better?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


free html visitor counters
hit counter




Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Asheville Lyric Opera

Official Media Partners of UNC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of UNC Opera
Dept. of Music, UNC-Chapel Hill College of Arts and Sciences

www.operalively.com

VISIT WWW.OPERALIVELY.COM FOR ALL YOUR OPERA NEEDS