Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1372

Thread: New and upcoming CDs, DVDs, and blu-rays

          
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #271
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karaoke Messiah anyone?

    Natalie

  2. #272
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair (London)
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Karaoke Messiah anyone?

    What the hell is that?!

  3. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
  4. #273
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    What the hell is that?!
    I actually posted this especially for you, HC
    Natalie

  5. #274
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair (London)
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    I actually posted this especially for you, HC
    Thank you for your friendly and considered sharing of this special version of The Messiah. Even though Tafelmusik is generally an excellent period instrument band, and the maestro himself even dressed up in 18th century attire with a fine wig (much to my envy), I think I shall give this special version a miss.




  6. #275
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    Thank you for your friendly and considered sharing of this special version of The Messiah. Even though Tafelmusik is generally an excellent period instrument band, and the maestro himself even dressed up in 18th century attire with a fine wig (much to my envy), I think I shall give this special version a miss.
    Ha, hilarious. I think I'll companionably give it a miss with you.
    Natalie

  7. #276
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Karaoke Messiah anyone?

    Hallelujah!!!

  8. #277
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Dark_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    Amazon USA 9/25/2012


    This is great news, Verdi boxset is coming.....

    I was curious by that little white logo box on each blu ray above usually indicating that it is part of a bigger set or project. Sure enough 26 opera Verdi boxset (includes requiem) is about to hit the market, check it out:

    http://www.cmajor-entertainment.com/...e/show/id/2591


    The price could be astronomical I fear

    Like the recent Mozart M22 boxset it should be much cheaper to buy boxset even if they are not all uniformly great quality. Plus there is almost no other choice for the early Verdi operas with modern quality production, I already own two of this series not knowing about the complete project

    More info PDF brochure:
    http://www.cmajor-entertainment.com/...ownload/id/639

  9. #278
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    9,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    This is great news, Verdi boxset is coming.....

    I was curious by that little white logo box on each blu ray above usually indicating that it is part of a bigger set or project. Sure enough 26 opera Verdi boxset (includes requiem) is about to hit the market, check it out:

    http://www.cmajor-entertainment.com/...e/show/id/2591


    The price could be astronomical I fear

    Like the recent Mozart M22 boxset it should be much cheaper to buy boxset even if they are not all uniformly great quality. Plus there is almost no other choice for the early Verdi operas with modern quality production, I already own two of this series not knowing about the complete project

    More info PDF brochure:
    http://www.cmajor-entertainment.com/...ownload/id/639
    Fabulous, yay!!!! Great way to celebrate the bicentennial!!!
    Now they need to release a Wagner box set that would include Die Feen, Das Libesverbot, and the complete Rienzi (not the existing abridged version).

    You're talking astronomical price? Can you image if they decided to release all Rossinis and all Donizettis? Not to forget Offenbach who has more than 100!!!

    There's a cover without a title - I suppose it's Les Vêpres Siciliennes. And they're not considering Jérusalem as a separate opera. If that's the case, it's a big mistake because you can't say it's Tutto Verdi, since Jérusalem *is* significantly different, it is not just a straight translation of I Lombardi.

    The Associazone Amici di Verdi in Busseto does consider it to be a separate opera.

    One can also make a case that Aroldo is a separate opera with significant changes from Stiffelio.
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); September 2nd, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  10. #279
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Dark_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Promo video of Tutto Verdi boxset project:




    Also you will find short promos for individual operas of the Tutto Verdi set by searching youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i2Xq...feature=relmfu

    Sospiro.......begin selling all worldy posessions, you must own this!

  11. #280
    Schigolch
    Guest

  12. #281
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post

    Sospiro.......begin selling all worldy posessions, you must own this!


    Oh shush D_A. I've been deliberately avoiding this. My only excuse at the moment is that I don't have a Blu-ray player!
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

  13. #282
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Dark_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post


    Oh shush D_A. I've been deliberately avoiding this. My only excuse at the moment is that I don't have a Blu-ray player!
    Wait this is your lucky day.....Tutto Verdi boxset and individual operas sold in both formats, DVD and Blu Ray

  14. #283
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair (London)
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    The price could be astronomical I fear
    They are usually cheaper than individuals added together. Then just wait a little while when the internet shops go on sale.

    Are all these Verdi productions modern/avant-garde/...Regie?

  15. #284
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    Wait this is your lucky day.....Tutto Verdi boxset and individual operas sold in both formats, DVD and Blu Ray
    Aaaaaarrrgghhh!!!



    Thank you very much!!!!!
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

  16. Likes MAuer liked this post
  17. #285
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Dark_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    They are usually cheaper than individuals added together. Then just wait a little while when the internet shops go on sale.

    Are all these Verdi productions modern/avant-garde/...Regie?
    Check that promo video, seem to be pretty conventional in general

    I have the Simon Boccanegra and MacBeth already and although they use mostly unknown singers they are not Reggie nonsense and are pretty good compared to the big boys, but who knows about other 24 operas...... bound to be a few weak efforts

  18. Thanks HarpsichordConcerto thanked for this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


free html visitor counters
hit counter




Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Asheville Lyric Opera

Official Media Partners of UNC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of UNC Opera
Dept. of Music, UNC-Chapel Hill College of Arts and Sciences

www.operalively.com

VISIT WWW.OPERALIVELY.COM FOR ALL YOUR OPERA NEEDS