Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New interviews in Home page

Bookmark and Share
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Coming soon - Exclusive interview with Thomas Hampson

I spent today 56 minutes interviewing Mr. Thomas Hampson for Opera Lively. His answers are quite interesting, and he demonstrates keen intelligence and profound knowledge of the art form.

In the next few days I'll be transcribing the material and submitting a draft for his appreciation and revision, then we'll have it published on the Home page. It may take a few days, but it is coming.
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); April 5th, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Thomas Hampson inteview: Transcription is ready and has been sent to him. I have no idea of the timeline for him to send it back with corrections. Meanwhile, we have a teaser already on the home page:

http://operalively.com/forums/conten...Thomas-Hampson
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

3. Likes Aksel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The interview with Thomas Hampson is now complete and has been published in its entirety.

Link: http://operalively.com/forums/conten...Thomas-Hampson

5. Likes Elektra, Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaviva View Post
    The interview with Thomas Hampson is now complete and has been published in its entirety.

Link: http://operalively.com/forums/conten...Thomas-Hampson
    Fantastic. Once again, many congratulations to Almaviva.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Post Thanks / Like
    A very endearing and casual exclusively Opera Lively interview with Matthew Polenzani is now on the home page:

http://operalively.com/forums/conten...thew-Polenzani

8. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A very endearing and casual exclusively Opera Lively interview with Matthew Polenzani is now on the home page:

http://operalively.com/forums/conten...thew-Polenzani
    I read this today at work (in my lunch hour ) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Interesting and insightful questions which brought forth some fascinating answers.

(there are a few typos - I'd be happy to proof read any future interviews)
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

10. Thanks Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you list the typos for me? I'll correct them.

Post Thanks / Like
    can you list the typos for me? I'll correct them.
    That would be a bit complicated. To read it at work I put it in a Word document, so I'll send the corrected version to you as an email attachment.
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Post Thanks / Like
    got it. Oh wow, I don't know how so many typos slipped by. Probably because I finished typing this at 3 AM. Thanks for the corrections. Will correct everything later tonight, I'm going to a ballet now.
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); April 17th, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    New Opera Lively exclusive, face-to-face interview with great tenor Piotr Beczala:

http://operalively.com/forums/conten...-Piotr-Beczala

Technology Consultant Involved Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may have pushed the yellow a bit much in the first pic and don't like the way the forum software cropped the pic of Mr. Beczala and his wife (click the image to see the proper framing) but those are nitpicks of my own work; the interview is fantastic and just as enjoyable to read as it was to participate in. Looking forward to interviewing Mr. Beczala again next year, should we find ourselves in New York in Jan / Feb when he is singing in Rigoletto.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I can fix the framing, just by decreasing the size of the picture and reposting.

Yep, fixed the problem with the wife's picture, and also cropped the head shot to eliminate the unfocused hand. Better now.
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); April 20th, 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Banned Top Contributor Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two typos I see: Moniu(s missing)zko and The(y missing) ask me to.

I like the Wieslaw Ochman [Editor’s note: Polish tenor] part but I think similiar thing is missing in title of 2nd part of interview - should be WORKING WITH ANNA NETREBKO [EDITOR'S NOTE: RUSSIAN SOPRANO].

Nice interview all in all, I liked very much what he said about certain things and now I'm very grateful for opportunity to contribute to the whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I'll take out Polish Tenor, and oops, I forgot to credit you with authoring questions, and will correct it too.

Moniuszko has been corrected but I can't find the other typo in They ask me to, what paragraph and line?
    Last edited by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva); April 20th, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

Banned Top Contributor Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find the other typo in They ask me to, what paragraph and line?

Question: OL - Don’t you think that such ease in starting careers abroad and reaching (...)

Second part of the answer: The do ask me to sing in Warsaw, of course (...)

Just above the photo with him and his wife together (4th from the top).

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast