Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: Sports discussion

Bookmark and Share
    Senior Member Involved Member jflatter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this thread up a little bit. Some of you may know (particularly Sospiro) that Arsenal Football Club in England is another passion of mine. The majority shareholder is Stan Kroenke who has large holdings in many US sports franchises. Arsenal are not in a good place at the moment My question is thus aimed mainly at US members (but feel free to chip in, if not). What sort of reputation does Kroenke have in the states in sports? He doesn't appear to have won much and moved a team from one city to another. Any views?

2. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jflatter View Post
    Bumping this thread up a little bit. Some of you may know (particularly Sospiro) that Arsenal Football Club in England is another passion of mine. The majority shareholder is Stan Kroenke who has large holdings in many US sports franchises. Arsenal are not in a good place at the moment My question is thus aimed mainly at US members (but feel free to chip in, if not). What sort of reputation does Kroenke have in the states in sports? He doesn't appear to have won much and moved a team from one city to another. Any views?
    I'm a fan of NFL football, and I don't know much about him, but I can't imagine he has very many fans out there. He's kind of a hands-off owner, who I would assume is in it for the money and for the least amount of effort/investment possible. The players have never met him. St. Louis football fans hate him for moving their team away, because they wouldn't help him pay for an extravagant new stadium.

Los Angeles fans are probably happy about the move, but they will now have two mediocre football teams (the San Diego Chargers will become the L.A. Chargers and share the new stadium), and one will eventually become the second-rate of the team. And I'd bet it will be the Rams, because Kroenke kept a terrible coach around for many years longer than he should have. So, I don't think he really cares how the team does.

4. Likes jflatter, Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26