his son Rolf Björling
and his grandson Raymond Björling
In this thread we can disclose and discuss relatives in the opera world.
Let's start with
and his son Carlos Kleiber
Is a son-in-law allowed?
and his son-in-law Luca Pisaroni
Last edited by Almaviva; May 22nd, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
"J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)
A well-known family:
Father - Manuel García, Spanish singer, composer and impresario.
Elder daugther - Maria Malibran, singer and diva.
Younger daughter - Pauline Viardot, singer and composer, but not quite the diva her sister was.
Son - Manuel Rodríguez García, singer and world famous vocal teacher
Unfortunately, we can't hear a performance by Maria Malibran, but let's hear a couple of pieces written by Manuel García and Pauline Viardot:
Enrico Caruso, Jr.:
A few more:
- Baritone Willi Domgraf-Fassbänder (father) - Mezzo-soprano Brigitte Fassbänder (daughter)
- Baritone Christian Boesch (father) - Baritone Florian Boesch (son)
- Soprano Renate Behle (mother) - Tenor Dennis Behle (son)
- Soprano Montserrat Caballe (mother) and tenor Bernabe Marti (father) - Soprano Montserrat Marti (daughter)
- Baritone Hermann Prey (father) - Baritone Florian Prey (son)
- Tenor Siegfried Jerusalem (father) - Bass-baritone David Jerusalem (son)
My mistake -- the young tenor's name is Daniel Behle, not Dennis. (Perhaps I was thinking of the '80s dramatic tenor Dennis Bailey.)
The great Italian tenor Beniamino Gigli singing Otello with his daughter, Rina, in 1951:
A pair of siblings: tenor Christoph Genz and his brother, baritone Stephan Genz.