PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe Librettist

sunandshadow
September 18th, 2012, 07:35 AM
I woke up about a week ago with my subconscious having plotted out about 2/3 of an opera while I was sleeping, and characters singing at me insistently whenever my surroundings weren't distracting me. Writing an opera libretto doesn't seem like something that will be particularly easy, or rewarding. But, it won't leave me alone, and at least the act of writing it seems like it will be fun, even if getting it into production is an extremely daunting prospect. I'm currently trying to figure out where on the internet I can talk to other librettists and meet composers who may be looking for a collaborator with an original concept for a comic opera. Any suggestions?

treemaker
September 21st, 2012, 11:32 PM
Since no one else has, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Welcome, sunandshadow! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
September 22nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
Since no one else has, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Welcome, sunandshadow! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Well, I welcomed him on September 18, at 11:24 AM, [here (http://operalively.com/forums/showthread.php/1214-People-who-write-and-compose-original-opera?p=18351&viewfull=1#post18351)]

sunandshadow
September 22nd, 2012, 02:49 AM
I'm a 'her' but thank you both. :)

treemaker
September 22nd, 2012, 03:19 AM
I stand corrected. Alma, I meant no offense by what I said. I was trying to make sure she was warmly welcomed.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
September 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
I stand corrected. Alma, I meant no offense by what I said. I was trying to make sure she was warmly welcomed.

I was just saying that I beat you to the task, hehehe!:tongue-new:
But you're right, the more the better, and glad to know that we have another lady member.