PDA

View Full Version : Bass singer

Arjenvs
September 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
As I was browsing through this forum, I noticed a lot of interesting discussions to read, and then I came to a disccussion I had to react to, so I signed up! :-)

I am a big opera fan. I studied at the conservatory as a bass opera singer. But after a few years I decided to switch to a less risky career and am a frond-end webdeveloper now. But still hadn't forgotten opera, so I listen to it a lot, love to go to live performances and even made an opera website.

So cu all on the forum!

Ann Lander (sospiro)
September 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Hello Arjenvs & welcome to the forum!

What are your favourite roles? Bass is my favourite voice type! :adoration:

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
September 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
As I was browsing through this forum, I noticed a lot of interesting discussions to read, and then I came to a disccussion I had to react to, so I signed up! :-)

I am a big opera fan. I studied at the conservatory as a bass opera singer. But after a few years I decided to switch to a less risky career and am a frond-end webdeveloper now. But still hadn't forgotten opera, so I listen to it a lot, love to go to live performances and even made an opera website.

So cu all on the forum!

Welcome to Opera Lively, Arjenvs! You seem like a very valuable member, with your experience as a bass singer.

Arjenvs
September 23rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hello Arjenvs & welcome to the forum!

What are your favourite roles? Bass is my favourite voice type! :adoration:

Most favourite bass role I think would be Leporello from Don Giovanni, also love Méphistophélès from Faust, Sarastro from Die Zauberflöte and Don Basilio from Il Barbiere di Siviglia (for his aria La Calunnia).

Ann Lander (sospiro)
September 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Most favourite bass role I think would be Leporello from Don Giovanni, also love Méphistophélès from Faust, Sarastro from Die Zauberflöte and Don Basilio from Il Barbiere di Siviglia (for his aria La Calunnia).

I love all these roles :)

Also Fiesco as Simon Boccanegra is my favourite opera & Giorgio Valton in I Puritani mainly for Cinta di fiori

Soave_Fanciulla
September 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hi Arjenvs and welcome to the forum. We look forward to chatting to you.

Leporello is definitely one of my favourite roles in opera, I always love the interchanges between him and the Don and the way they can vary from production to production.

HarpsichordConcerto
September 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM

So cu all on the forum!

Welcome! Interesting career switch! Have you ever sung Baroque bass roles?

Elektra
October 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Hello and welcome!