PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Release on CD

Herkku
January 12th, 2013, 08:15 AM
I may have adressed this subject before, but I can't help but ask if you have any favourite recordings heard on LP that have not yet been released on CD? Mine are still the same: Caballe's "Mamma? Io non l'ho avuta mai" from Leoncavallo's Zaza (originally on the fourth side of I Pagliacci) and the end of the first act of Fedora with Domingo and Scotto (on a disc with French duets on the other side, those having been available for a long time).

MAuer
January 12th, 2013, 02:32 PM
I was going to say the 1979 Decca recording of Ferdinando Paër's Leonora with Urszula Koszut and Siegfried Jerusalem -- but, on second thought, I wish they'd issue a new recording of this opera with Jonas Kaufmann as Florestano (he sang the role back in 2000 with the Zürich Opera's Winterthur "branch").

Aramis
January 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I think Norma with Souliotis, MdM and Cossotto was released only in fragments as a highlights CD and the whole (wonderful) performance is avaiable only on LP.

Dark_Angel
January 12th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I think Norma with Souliotis, MdM and Cossotto was released only in fragments as a highlights CD and the whole (wonderful) performance is avaiable only on LP.

Yes I would buy that CD set in a nano second :encouragement: