PDA

View Full Version : Famous fakes

Herkku
January 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Albinoni's Adagio wasn't composed by Albinoni and Caccini's Ave Maria wasn't composed by Caccini. What I learned only recently is that Vivaldi's "Sposa son disprezzata" is not composed by Vivaldi. I became acquainted with it when Cecilia Bartoli recorded it and fell in love with the aria. Now I have been trying to learn to like Joyce DiDonato and found out (reading the booklet accompanying the Drama Queens) that Vivaldi (Bajazet) used the aria composed by Giacomelli (Merope).

Do you know other compositions usually attributed to wrong composers?

Schigolch
January 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM
This is the Violin Concerto in D major by Marius Casadesus, falsely attributed to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9IcNw31CZ8

Soave_Fanciulla
January 12th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Pur ti miro, the beautiful duet at the end of L'Incoronazione di Poppea, (and some other parts) were possibly not composed by Moteverdi, but rather by one or more collaborators.

Aramis
January 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Katherine Jenkins' breast.

Amfortas
January 13th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Katherine Jenkins' breast.

I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to talk about such things here.

Alma, is that right?

Aramis
January 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM

I saw no mention of plastic materials among subjects forbidden by forum rules.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
January 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM

Alma, is that right?

Yes, that's right, but it depends on the content of the talk. We are not allowed to badmouth the dear thingies. Any reference to female mammary glands, according to the Terms of Service article # 178, letter b, paragraph 2, must be in the most praising terms that those things of beauty deserve, as long as said glands have not suffered excessively from aging and gravitational challenge to the point that they have already lost their former natural beauty (or suffered butchery in the hands of bad plastic surgeons; might be Ms. Jenkins' case although I'd say hers still qualify as gorgeous, as demonstrated below) - in which case we just sadly and respectfully observe a minute of silence for their lost glory. But no, we can't say anything detrimental about them. It's punished with a 10-year ban from Opera Lively, and a fine of one million dollars, to be deposited on the account of the AAPBB (American Association for the Preservation of Beautiful Boobs - founding member and general director, a certain Almaviva).

HarpsichordConcerto
January 14th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Watch this, take notes, learn for it sure is fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEvI3vRYsBk

Herkku
January 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Interesting. Thanks, HC!