PDA

View Full Version : CD/DVD our own covers

Schigolch
April 19th, 2013, 08:39 AM
We have been revising some of the most outrageous CD/DVD covers of opera, and classical music in general, ever sold in the market.

High time to show now our own ability designing covers. What's about those two, to start with:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41495000/jpg/_41495496_cutters203.jpg
Great Contratenor Arias

http://www.sindinero.org/blog/fotos/camionero.jpg
Great Alto Arias

Next one, anyone?.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
April 19th, 2013, 06:37 PM
For some reason I can only see one of your pictures, the top one about countertenors, pretty funny. The alto one is not showing for me.

Jephtha
April 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM
For some reason I can only see one of your pictures, the top one about countertenors, pretty funny. The alto one is not showing for me.

I have the same problem with many of Schigolch's photo posts, but I figured it was just my computer illiteracy preventing my viewing them.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
April 19th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I have the same problem with many of Schigolch's photo posts, but I figured it was just my computer illiteracy preventing my viewing them.

OK, now I see it, after I got home and through my laptop which does have the latest updates, so I guess it is indeed a question of outdated software in my computer at work.

But, pardon my ignorance, I don't get it. A truck driver, alto arias?:confused:

Amfortas
April 19th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I see the "Great Alto Arias" picture. I'm only now starting to realize Schigolch's twisted, but wonderful, sense of humor.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
April 19th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I see the "Great Alto Arias" picture. I'm only now starting to realize Schigolch's twisted, but wonderful, sense of humor.

Explain to me, please! Does he mean that female singers with deep dark voices are actually truck drivers in drag or something? Well, some alto parts in choral music are sung by men in falsetto. I still don't get it.

Now I feel dumb that I'm not getting it.

Likely when someone tells me, I'll be smacking my head and saying "of course"!

But yes, Schigolch is usually so reserved, but he does have a wicked sense of humor, just look at his Not So Good Covers thread, and pay attention not only to the covers he posts, but also to the comments he makes. And in PMs exchanged with him, he has said some incredibly funny things. I feel very tempted to disclose one of them that made me laugh out loud for a couple of minutes... but I can't.

Jephtha
April 19th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Explain to me, please! Does he mean that female singers with deep dark voices are actually truck drivers in drag or something? Well, some alto parts in choral music are sung by men in falsetto. I still don't get it.

Now I feel dumb that I'm not getting it.

Likely when someone tells me, I'll be smacking my head and saying "of course"!

But yes, Schigolch is usually so reserved, but he does have a wicked sense of humor, just look at his Not So Good Covers thread, and pay attention not only to the covers he posts, but also to the comments he makes. And in PMs exchanged with him, he has said some incredibly funny things. I feel very tempted to disclose one of them that made me laugh out loud for a couple of minutes... but I can't.

Now, sir. It is terribly unfair of you to tantalise us with a morsel like that and then snatch it away before we've a chance to savor it! Won't you reconsider?

Amfortas
April 19th, 2013, 10:43 PM

I took it to mean that deep, dark-voiced altos sound like truck drivers.

Of course, we can all try analyzing the joke. That can't help but make it funnier. ;)

Jephtha
April 19th, 2013, 10:55 PM

Of course, we can all try analyzing the joke. That can't help but make it funnier. ;)

I took it to be from the same category as Paul Lynde's famous answer to a question on the old Hollywood Squares television program: When asked why the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang wore jackets made of leather, he replied, 'Because chiffon wrinkles so easily'.

Schigolch
April 20th, 2013, 08:44 AM

Of course it means just that. Direct logic always gets the best of me. :)

Dark_Angel
April 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0sacwHAsz1r9xp88o1_500.jpg (http://operalively.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=tiger+growl&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=t3si1me8ZA-XHM&tbnid=f--ECJa2Vk46HM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fangry%2 520tiger&ei=h99zUfz9AYTn0QGMhYCYAw&bvm=bv.45512109,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNHm6VMVIiqbCz8DqR7Vy-smh2OX5w&ust=1366634491064136)

Callas dramatic bel canto arias

Normally a beautiful graceful feline, but when excited a powerful unstoppable force