PDA

View Full Version : Well met

Laece
July 2nd, 2013, 09:02 PM
Greetings People

I've just come back to 'another' site after a long time away and I'm happy to find that this site has been started, grazie Almaviva.

In comparison to a lot of you who I know on here I no nothing, I know what I like, I sing the odd bit also, but there is so much more to listen to and learn, so here I be.

Looking forward to it - Laece

Soave_Fanciulla
July 2nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
Welcome, Laece. I think we are all the the same position of learning as we go along. Every time I feel on top of this, someone posts a long list of favourite operas I've never even heard of, let alone heard.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 2nd, 2013, 09:45 PM
Greetings People

I've just come back to 'another' site after a long time away and I'm happy to find that this site has been started, grazie Almaviva.

In comparison to a lot of you who I know on here I no nothing, I know what I like, I sing the odd bit also, but there is so much more to listen to and learn, so here I be.

Welcome to Opera Lively, Laece.

tyroneslothrop
July 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM
Greetings People

:tiphat: Welcome!

Amfortas
July 3rd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Welcome Laece! Glad to have you with us.

Don't feel bad about the extent of your opera knowledge. We're all here to help one another. If you have a question, feel free to ask me. If I don't know the answer, I'll be happy to make something up. :)

tyroneslothrop
July 3rd, 2013, 02:26 AM
Welcome Laece! Glad to have you with us.

Don't feel bad about the extent of your opera knowledge. We're all here to help one another. If you have a question, feel free to ask me. If I don't know the answer, I'll be happy to make something up. :)

I'd help you to make something up Amfortas, but I don't need to. The answer is always '42'.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 3rd, 2013, 03:02 AM
I'd help you to make something up Amfortas, but I don't need to. The answer is always '42'.

Hey, are you also a sci-fi fan? Another thing in common with me, my friend!

Let's see...

We like...

Wine. Check.
Gourmet food. Check.
Opera. Check.
Sci-fi. Check.

Oh, I almost forgot.
Women. Check. :pig:

tyroneslothrop
July 3rd, 2013, 03:21 AM

Let's see...

We like...

Wine. Check.
Gourmet food. Check.
Opera. Check.
Sci-fi. Check.

Oh, I almost forgot.

Yes, yes, yes! :triumphant: :tongue-new:

Iain Banks (R.I.P.) - just brilliant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture).

And you've also read all of la recherche du temps perdu! :hifive:

BROTHER! :tears_of_joy:

Soave_Fanciulla
July 3rd, 2013, 04:26 AM
I'd join the club (I've also read la recherche, in French, hehe - does that qualify me for the poseur thread?) but I don't like women.

Ann Lander (sospiro)
July 3rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Hi Laece & welcome to the forum. Once you've found the answers let me know; sometimes I don't even understand the questions.

Unless it's questions about basses of course. :p

Soave_Fanciulla
July 3rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
Once you've found the answers let me know; sometimes I don't even understand the questions.

Nearly spluttered tea all over the keyboard.:laugh4:

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
I'd join the club (I've also read la recherche, in French, hehe - does that qualify me for the poseur thread?) but I don't like women.

You don't like women? I don't understand why. Those creatures are silky and have boobs, you know? What's not to like? :love2:

Some of them even sing!

I even like the ones who don't sing as well, as long as they have other cough cough assets cough cough:

Laece
July 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM

Let's see...

We like...

Wine. Check.
Gourmet food. Check.
Opera. Check.
Sci-fi. Check.

Oh, I almost forgot.

Erm.... Love wine, gourmet food and opera, but women!!! Only as friends.

Laece
July 3rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
You don't like women? I don't understand why. Those creatures are silky and have boobs, you know? What's not to like? :love2:

Some of them even sing!

I even like the ones who don't sing as well, as long as they have other cough cough assets cough cough:

I know your well known for your Netrebko fascination, but although I not into the womens, I will take her over Katherine Insipidus Jenkins any day :lalala:

tyroneslothrop
July 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
I know your well known for your Netrebko fascination, but although I not into the womens, I will take her over Katherine Insipidus Jenkins any day :lalala:

Hey Alma! Look! :laugh3: Your reputation precedes you! :laugh4:

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 3rd, 2013, 11:24 PM

Well, me too. I've been considering a move to Utah. I've been looking up those polygamy sects. I want to ask Anna to be my second wife. My lovely wife will remain the first wife, of course. But I wouldn't mind having Anna as second wife. There is an obstacle, though. I'm apparently not in Anna's league. She's got a hot young husband, Erwin Schrott, while I'm old and not as handsome. And he can sing. I can't sing, so this is a serious disadvantage. Therefore the odds that my plan will come to fruition are not great. My wife doesn't object as long as Anna brings Erwin into the mix - big family, big love. But I'm not sure if Erwin, the lucky husband married to gorgeous Anna, is looking for a second wife (although my lovely wife would be more competitive than I am). So it all looks bleak. But one can only try, and be hopeful. :love8:

Laece
July 4th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I'll take Erwin out of the running for you :-)

Brad60
July 15th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Welcome to this forum Laece!