PDA

View Full Version : Dvorak?

StLukesGuildOhio
May 16th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Dvorak is... or rather was... until just recently, perhaps the most important (greatest) composer that I had yet to really explore to any degree of depth... beyond his symphonies, Requiem, and "lieder". I have, I am embarrassed to say, yet to have listened to the complete Rusalka. Several experiences... articles on the opera and all my more recent purchases of Dvorak's non-operatic works have pressured me into seeking to make a first purchase of this opera... but to my surprise... especially considering that it is virtually the sole opera by Dvorak that has an international reputation... there seem to be few real choices as far as recordings go.

Ultimately, it seems to come down to Vaclav Neumann & the Czech PO and Prague Phil.Choir or Sir Charles Mackerras with Renée Fleming. I'd love to hear some input from others... especially with experience of either recording... or any worthy alternatives.

BillMcEnaneyJr
July 10th, 2015, 06:28 AM
A tenor friend of mine lent me this (http://www.amazon.com/Antonin-Dvora-Rusalka-Dvorak/dp/B00008UEEP/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1436509546&sr=8-5&keywords=rusalka) one.