PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Missouri Ozarks

teel9370
August 7th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hello everyone. Longtime opera lover here, excited to find a civilized place to discuss my favorite art form.

I started listening to the Saturday afternoon Metropolitan opera broadcasts when I was about twelve and have been a fanatic ever since. I grew up in a family of rock-and-rollers, so my first trip to the opera house was deferred until I had a car and could get there myself.

After several years of exploring Baroque repertoire, I'm moving back to Verdi and Wagner. Bookwise, I'm about halfway through "Start-up at the New Met," which is a lot of fun.

Looking forward to the discussions!

Matt

Clayton
August 7th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Hi Matt and welcome to Opera Lively!

The opera tastes of all the forum members combined here cover all areas of opera so whatever you are listening to at the moment there will be others listening to similar.
However for me, today is listening to cricket on the radio...

Do you go to the opera house often?

Amfortas
August 7th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Welcome, Matt! Glad to have you with us. Please do participate in discussions, and don't hesitate to initiate them by starting threads yourself.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
August 7th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Welcome to Opera Lively, Matt. I also love Baroque, and of course Verdi and Wagner, so, I look forward to your input.

Hoffmann
August 9th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to OL! A great place to spend a few minutes catching up with friends who love the world's #1 art form. Maybe share a few stories, maybe a little gossip - learn a little ... Have a good time!