PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Holland

Adrian
September 3rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
Hello all, just retired, so time for my favourite hobby : Opera .
Any questions let me know .

Clayton
September 3rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Hello Adrian,

Welcome to Opera Lively! Also welcome to that strange world of time rich retirement.

Are there any patricular areas of opera you are most interested in?

Adrian
September 3rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
Hello Adrian,

Welcome to Opera Lively! Also welcome to that strange world of time rich retirement.

Are there any particular areas of opera you are most interested in?

Thanks for your kind words.
I have a broad taste , not to much of the very old stuff like Monteverdi .
It depends who's singing and conducting.
I am going true the topics and see where I can contribute .:puter:

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
September 3rd, 2014, 04:49 PM
Welcome to Opera Lively, Adrian. Thanks for having reported a spammer, who has been banned and deleted. I see you're already contributing to various threads which is great!

Ann Lander (sospiro)
September 3rd, 2014, 04:52 PM
Hello Adrian and welcome to the forum. I should be retired but I have to keep working to fund my opera addiction! :culpability:

I love Holland and I love the Amsterdam opera house. Last year I saw L'amour des trois oranges and De speler and I shall be seeing Macbeth next year.

Do tell us a bit more about which operas and which composers you like.

JohnGerald
September 3rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
A fellow retiree welcomes you and hopes that you enjoy this Board as much as I do. There's a huge depth of knowledge of and affection for our favorite art form here.

Adrian
January 27th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Hello people,
I am not Adrian, I am his godson, just to let you know he's in bad condition on the moment.
With the help off good doctors he's going to be okay, so they say, anyway thought I let you know.
Kind regards.
Bart

Soave_Fanciulla
January 27th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Hello people,
I am not Adrian, I am his godson, just to let you know he's in bad condition on the moment.
With the help off good doctors he's going to be okay, so they say, anyway thought I let you know.
Kind regards.
Bart

Please give him our best wishes for his recovery!

Ann Lander (sospiro)
January 27th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Hello people,
Kind regards.
Bart

So sorry to hear this. Please give him our best wishes and hope he gets well soon.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
January 27th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Oh wow, sorry to hear it, but it's hopeful that his doctors are predicting recovery. Please give him my best wishes.

Clayton
January 27th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Hello Bart,

Thank you for letting us know and please give him my best wishes. Maybe play the Suliotis Norma for him, it is one of our favourites and we both bought it at very high prices from Japan!

Adrian
February 4th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Hello Bart,

Thank you for letting us know and please give him my best wishes. Maybe play the Suliotis Norma for him, it is one of our favourites and we both bought it at very high prices from Japan!

Tanks you all for you wishes, I am getting a bit better but still one chemo to go.
I am nor in the mood nor strength to participate, but hope I will be back soon.:puter:
Meanwhile, take care :encouragement:

Clayton
February 4th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Hi Adrian,

I'm very happy to hear from you!

Strength, love and some great opera to you my friend,

get well soon.

Adrian
September 10th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Hello all,
Hope you are all alright, I am feeling much better after the all clear from my doctors.
I will try posting from now on.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Bart,

This is one CD helping me trough all my misery .:angel:

Ann Lander (sospiro)
September 10th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Hello all,
Hope you are all alright, I am feeling much better after the all clear from my doctors.

How wonderful to hear from you again. I'm pleased you're feeling better and I look forward to exchanging views on our favourite subject.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
September 11th, 2019, 02:47 AM
Hello all,

Wonderful news! I'm very happy that you are feeling better! Welcome back!