PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dallas, Texas

Vlad
April 7th, 2015, 09:00 PM
It's a pleasure to join you opera aficionados/connoisseurs/addicts. I've browsed the site a little and was very impressed with the In Depth feature on Die Tote Stadt, a favorite opera of mine. I'm really looking forward to having Opera Lively as a resource! I certainly have a lot of reading to do.

Thank you to the forum owner and everyone sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm of this greatest of all the arts.

Cheers!

Hoffmann
April 7th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Hi Vlad, Welcome to OL!!

I'm traveling in Germany at the moment and scheduled to see Die Tote Stadt in Hamburg on Friday night. I'll post a review after I return to DC on 20 April. Lots of good people here with lots of opera knowledge and passion. Enjoy!

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
April 7th, 2015, 10:57 PM
It's a pleasure to join you opera aficionados/connoisseurs/addicts. I've browsed the site a little and was very impressed with the In Depth feature on Die Tote Stadt, a favorite opera of mine. I'm really looking forward to having Opera Lively as a resource! I certainly have a lot of reading to do.

Thank you to the forum owner and everyone sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm of this greatest of all the arts.

Cheers!

Welcome to Opera Lively, Vlad. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your contributions. Your city has a great opera company, Dallas Grand Opera, which I assume you frequent, so feel free to post reviews of their shows!

Vlad
April 7th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Welcome to Opera Lively, Vlad. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your contributions. Your city has a great opera company, Dallas Grand Opera, which I assume you frequent, so feel free to post reviews of their shows!

Thank you, Luiz. I'm not the least bit qualified to review opera, but I'll certainly keep the forum updated. This season I saw Dallas Opera productions of Marriage of Figaro, Salome, and La Boheme--and thought they were all fantastic, even from the cheap seats!

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
April 7th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Thank you, Luiz. I'm not the least bit qualified to review opera, but I'll certainly keep the forum updated. This season I saw Dallas Opera productions of Marriage of Figaro, Salome, and La Boheme--and thought they were all fantastic, even from the cheap seats!

Oops, sorry, mixing up the two - Dallas Opera is correct, the one in Houston is Houston Grand Opera. Both companies are very good in my opinion.

Hey, don't be shy. We have members with different levels of experience as operagoers and we don't mind at all to read reviews from people who call themselves less qualified, because all views of a show are valid. Opera Lively is definitely not a place for snobs; we welcome everybody and value what they have to say regardless of their knowledge level (or even lack thereof - beginners are also welcome).

Soave_Fanciulla
April 8th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Hi Vlad, welcome to the forum. Look forward to reading your posts.

Ann Lander (sospiro)
April 8th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Hi Vlad and welcome to the forum. Sorry not to welcome you sooner but I'm also travelling and at the moment I'm in Amsterdam.

JohnGerald
April 8th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Welcome, and apologies for the delay. Been a bit under the weather of late. This is a dandy site to enhance one's enjoyment of opera.

Floria
April 12th, 2015, 01:40 AM
Hi Vlad,
Welcome to the forum !;)