PDA

View Full Version : Name Change

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 21st, 2015, 04:21 AM
As requested by him, the member previously known as ComposerOfAvantGarde has had his username changed to Nekrotzar.

Nekrotzar
July 21st, 2015, 06:59 AM
I'm the prince of hell, here to bring about the end of the world

Soave_Fanciulla
July 21st, 2015, 07:07 AM

Well that'll be exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUXDzga004A

Nekrotzar
July 21st, 2015, 07:34 AM
I'll be doing it whilst I'm drunk too

http://youtu.be/if1iP479FVQ

:very_drunk:

Adrian
July 21st, 2015, 07:51 AM
In my mind the final minutes of Salome comes up......:lightbulb:

Nekrotzar
July 21st, 2015, 07:56 AM
Oh! I'm getting really into Salome! I gotta listen to it again tonight.............

Clayton
July 21st, 2015, 09:31 AM

Could you please wait until I've finished listening to opera?

Thanking you in advance for your kind consideration,

Clayton.

Nekrotzar
July 21st, 2015, 09:37 AM
Could you please wait until I've finished listening to opera?

Thanking you in advance for your kind consideration,

Clayton.

How about this, I bring forth the apocalypse whenever I feel like it but I'll make sure baroque operas are not affected. :devilish:

Hoffmann
July 21st, 2015, 12:49 PM
Ah! At work already, Nekrotzar, I see, enabling the poor, weak, defenseless baroque opera lovers. Very clever!

Amfortas
July 21st, 2015, 01:00 PM

The Artist Formerly Known as Prince of Hell.

Amfortas
July 21st, 2015, 01:10 PM
I'm thinking of changing mine to Anne of Green Gables.

What do you think?

Clayton
July 21st, 2015, 01:47 PM
I think that's a lovely name if you want to use that. Would you be going the whole hog and change your drivers license, passport and bank accounts too?

JohnGerald
July 21st, 2015, 02:17 PM
First, it's Bruce Jenner ... :rolleyes1:

Ann Lander (sospiro)
July 21st, 2015, 04:00 PM
How about this, I bring forth the apocalypse whenever I feel like it but I'll make sure baroque operas are not affected. :devilish:

So I don't have to cancel my trip to Bucharest (http://www.aam.co.uk/#/concerts/2015/15-09-19.aspx)? ;)

Clayton
July 21st, 2015, 04:18 PM

So I don't have to cancel my trip to Bucharest (http://www.aam.co.uk/#/concerts/2015/15-09-19.aspx)? ;)

I was thinking (never really a good idea) about this and wondered for this to work does the Prince of Hell have to consider me to be a baroque opera as well?

I mean, I need to survive apocalypse as well to listen to the opera

I'm worried as I don't think I'm any where near pretty enough to be considered a baroque opera.

Amfortas
July 21st, 2015, 05:25 PM
I'm worried as I don't think I'm any where near pretty enough to be considered a baroque opera.

You're baroque enough.

Clayton
July 21st, 2015, 05:30 PM
You're baroque enough.

I think maybe Anne of Green Gables in confusing baroque with broke; financial strain due to over purchasing of CDs and broke as in just years of abuse means parts of me keep failing.

Amfortas
July 21st, 2015, 06:08 PM
I think maybe Anne of Green Gables in confusing baroque with broke; financial strain due to over purchasing of CDs and broke as in just years of abuse means parts of me keep failing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMtGhqPCW0

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 21st, 2015, 07:45 PM
I'm changing my name to Yusif Eyvazov. I'm hoping that Anna will think I'm him, and then... :adoration:

Clayton
July 21st, 2015, 08:18 PM
I'm changing my name to Yusif Eyvazov. I'm hoping that Anna will think I'm him, and then... :adoration:

I'm thinking of changing my name to Geoff Boycott then changing my avatar to a picture of myself. That will really confuse me.

Nekrotzar
July 21st, 2015, 08:52 PM
I was thinking (never really a good idea) about this and wondered for this to work does the Prince of Hell have to consider me to be a baroque opera as well?

I mean, I need to survive apocalypse as well to listen to the opera

Well, at the end of Ligeti's opera Le Grand Macabre the characters survive...so naturally, we'd all still be here after the world ends.

Soave_Fanciulla
July 22nd, 2015, 05:43 AM

Sorry Luiz, you're way too good-looking to look like him.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at the end of Ligeti's opera Le Grand Macabre the characters survive...so naturally, we'd all still be here after the world ends.

Cor, that's a relief. I already have enough on my plate thinking I'll die before I get through my Unwatched Pile.

Nekrotzar
July 22nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
Cor, that's a relief. I already have enough on my plate thinking I'll die before I get through my Unwatched Pile.

Did you put anything in your will for me....? I'd say I still have another 62 years ahead of me at least (I hope) so I will happily take over going through your Unwatched Pile. :excitement:

Soave_Fanciulla
July 22nd, 2015, 07:11 PM
Did you put anything in your will for me....? I'd say I still have another 62 years ahead of me at least (I hope) so I will happily take over going through your Unwatched Pile. :excitement:

I do sometimes think what will happen to my collection when I croak, as no-one in my family is interested. I'm 54 so that may be a way off, and who knows about the technology; but you are welcome to it if you can get it over the ditch.

Clayton
July 22nd, 2015, 08:15 PM
I do sometimes think what will happen to my collection when I croak, as no-one in my family is interested. I'm 54 so that may be a way off, and who knows about the technology; but you are welcome to it if you can get it over the ditch.

I've thought about this too and I would like to give them to my old school where I loved the music room where I first listened to records. Though again the CD maybe completely redundant and maybe they have a streaming service there now instead of a record player...

Nekrotzar
July 22nd, 2015, 09:45 PM
I don't like to think of your passing :(
But I'm sure it's a long long way off :)

And who knows where the postal service will be by then!

I turned 18 earlier this month, so I'm not at all fussed about what happens to my stuff yet.

Clayton
July 22nd, 2015, 10:03 PM
...I turned 18 earlier this month...

Eighteen years old is such a fantastic place to be

like in a sci-fi movie

[Nekrotzar] you can not possibly imagine the power you have...

I wish at your age I had taken the time to enjoy music more

I sincerely hope that one day soon we will get to hear/experience one of your compositions.

I wish to say to someone in the future

I knew him before he was famous!

Hoffmann
July 23rd, 2015, 12:15 AM
I turned 18 earlier this month, so I'm not at all fussed about what happens to my stuff yet.

I'm a whole lot older (in my 60s) and still have to deal with friends rolling their eyes and groaning when I tell them I'm an opera lover.

I probably know the answer to my question since I went to my first opera when I was 21 and became intrigued from the outset. Throughout my 20s, despite the total 'un-cool' associations, I attended and supernumeraries in lots of operas - regardless what other people might have thought.

However, the stakes are high at your age, please forgive me for asking, but how do you handle such a topic with your friends at 18?

BillMcEnaneyJr
July 23rd, 2015, 12:30 AM
Each time I think of our friend's new screen name, it reminds me that a necrotic leaf is a dying one. By the way, Venus flytraps leaves blacken while they die.

BillMcEnaneyJr
July 23rd, 2015, 12:47 AM
Hoffmann, an acquaintance of mine who homeschools his kids has never let them listen to any rock music, and they're doing great without it. Homeschooled students I meet consistently outperform public school students they when they and the and the public school ones go to college. Two of the brightest, most successful, most talented college graduates I know have never attended any public school.

Nekrotzar
July 23rd, 2015, 03:47 AM
However, the stakes are high at your age, please forgive me for asking, but how do you handle such a topic with your friends at 18?

Well, one of my closest friends loves Barbara Hannigan's performance of Mysteries of the Macabre by Ligeti, does that say enough?

Soave_Fanciulla
July 23rd, 2015, 04:02 AM
Well, one of my closest friends loves Barbara Hannigan's performance of Mysteries of the Macabre by Ligeti, does that say enough?

When I was 18 I had more friends who liked classical music than I do now. We all gravitated together at school.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 23rd, 2015, 07:43 AM

Doesn't prove much. Who doesn't love Barbara Hannigan? :love8:

By the way, I'm happy to report that I'll be seeing her again on August 13. She'll be in New York for Written on Skin. :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

Clayton
July 23rd, 2015, 08:29 AM

By the way, I'm happy to report that I'll be seeing her again on August 13. She'll be in New York for Written on Skin. :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

Oh stop it Yusif,

I'm so jealous

Nekrotzar
July 23rd, 2015, 09:48 AM

you LUCKY (and obviously well paid) b@sta@rd!!!!!!! :laugh4:

and okay okay, my friends are all classical music buffs, and especially love Barbara Hannigan and the kind of repertoire she performs. :cool::biggrin:

Nekrotzar
July 23rd, 2015, 09:51 AM
I wish to say to someone in the future

I knew him before he was famous!

You better hurry up! I'm hoping to get some commissions next year from a couple of local ensembles and I have a newspaper interview coming up. :o

*completely humble* ;)

Hoffmann
July 23rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Well said.

Obviously, my filter is life here in the United States with its seemingly omnipresent hip-hop culture.

Oh, and for my older friends: Broadway Musicals :ohmy: and the occasional sophisticate who loves jazz. :encouragement:

Nekrotzar
July 23rd, 2015, 11:27 AM
A few of my friends can't live without musicals...especially Sweeney Todd

Hoffmann
July 23rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
Well, I would have to agree that Sondheim is a different animal. I saw Sweeney Todd shortly after it came out and will only admit to you that I enjoyed it. Oh, and West Side Story (but that also would be Sondheim..).

The art form, however, on the whole, leaves me cold. As treacly as opera can get, musicals (well, not Sweeney Todd, obviously...) take treacly to new heights.

Nekrotzar
July 23rd, 2015, 12:12 PM
I love West Side Story, although I never really got into Sweeney Todd.........

I like a musical every now and then, I would probably find it rather suffocating to listen to nothing but show tunes for any period of time though! Opera to me seems much more diverse, but I am sure that all the aficionados of musical theatre I know will probably argue for the diversity of style in their preferred art form. :rolleyes1:

BillMcEnaneyJr
July 23rd, 2015, 03:57 PM
Who's Barbara Hannigan?

Soave_Fanciulla
July 23rd, 2015, 06:55 PM
Who's Barbara Hannigan?

Brilliant soprano, dancer, conductor and all round fantastic interpreter of modern opera. She can sing Lulu while dancing en pointe. She also created the role of Agnès in Written on Skin.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 23rd, 2015, 11:00 PM
Brilliant soprano, dancer, conductor and all round fantastic interpreter of modern opera. She can sing Lulu while dancing en pointe. She also created the role of Agnès in Written on Skin.

You forgot pianist. She can play the piano while she sings. Multi-talented amazing woman, and also intelligent, personable, friendly, and very pretty.

Here is her interview with Opera Lively: [clicky (http://operalively.com/forums/content.php/862-barbara-hannigan)]

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/08/20/arts/hannigan/hannigan-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

Amfortas
July 24th, 2015, 06:08 AM
She also speaks as intelligently about the craft of acting as any singer this side of Joyce DiDonato.

Nekrotzar
July 24th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I am convinced that Barbara Hannigan is one of the most remarkable human beings to have walked this planet.

Adrian
July 24th, 2015, 11:34 AM

I made a will and thanks heavens I am Godfather to a even more fanatic music / opera lover the me (if possible)
He 's just turn 30 so.
So if my times up.....I would say good luck to him and his partner.

Ann Lander (sospiro)
August 7th, 2015, 07:02 PM
I'm thinking of changing mine to Anne of Green Gables.

What do you think?

So you're really Aramis?? I knew it!!! :cool:

Amfortas
August 8th, 2015, 01:44 AM
So you're really Aramis?? I knew it!!! :cool:

Of course I'm not Aramis! What's more, I can prove it!

Tries to play Chopin étude. Fails.

Oh crap . . .