PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New York ^_^;

LavenderMintRose
September 4th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Hello~
I'm sort of a new opera fan, and I've only seen opera at the Met, but I like what I've seen so far, so I thought I'd join a forum to talk about it with people... so, hello ^_^;

My other hobbies are watercolor illustration, crochet, and tea.

I plan to see a lot of things at the Met this coming season. I'm in the young members group, and I'm going to four of the five of their events this year (for Anna Bolena, Fledermaus, Die Entfuhring aus dem Serail, and Les Pecheurs des Perles), so if anyone else here goes to those... hi ^_^;
Nice to meet everyone~

Festat
September 4th, 2015, 04:36 AM
Welcome! :tiphat:

You have a nice season ahead! What have you seen so far? :D

Ann Lander (sospiro)
September 4th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

LavenderMintRose
September 4th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Thanks~
++ I've seen a few things... Last year I saw Carmen, Le Nozze di Figaro, The Merry Widow, Macbeth, Die Zauberflote, and before that, I saw Fledermaus, The Tempest, and Cosi Fan Tutte. I also have seen the HD recordings on the Roku app and the Summer HD Festival, for Falstaff, Werther, and Anna Bolena. I want to see the three of those this season but wooow, Anna Bolena is a punch to the emotions. ... but they're doing Fledermaus again this season, which is like the opposite, so that's good.

JohnGerald
September 4th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Welcome to our mad little world of opera addiction, where all are addicts and most are enablers! :conductor:

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
September 4th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Welcome to Opera Lively!

Hoffmann
September 4th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Welcome to Opera Lively! It sounds like you've got a great background and should fit in very well with everyone here. Enjoy!

Amfortas
September 5th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Welcome to Opera Lively, Lavender. I hope you'll share your opera-going experiences with us in the days ahead.