PDA

View Full Version : The site was offline for some 12 hours

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
November 30th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Sorry, folks.

There was an issue with the automatic site registration renewal which inexplicably was suddenly switched to manual renewal. Since I was not expecting to have to go into the domain registration vendor's site and manually renew, our registration expired, which took the site off-line for several hours.

The issue has been resolved (manual renewal has been implemented, and then the automatic setting has been restored). Hopefully it won't happen again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hoffmann
November 30th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Thanks!

Funny how you learn just how much this place means when it isn't there. Glad everything is ok.

Festat
November 30th, 2015, 11:36 PM
I'm glad it's back! :)

Povero Buoso
December 1st, 2015, 12:05 AM
Thanks!

Funny how you learn just how much this place means when it isn't there. Glad everything is ok.

I was very panicked as where my Uni is doesn't have that many people into Opera so my conversations over it are limited to Opera Lively.

Amfortas
December 1st, 2015, 12:41 AM
Hurrah!

Soave_Fanciulla
December 1st, 2015, 02:59 AM
Vote of thanks to Luiz for providing a great place for us all to hang out and discuss our obsession with this art form.

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/thanks/smileys-thanks-771216.gif

JohnGerald
December 1st, 2015, 03:22 AM
omg! OMG!! I thought that it went down because of my operetta post!!

I'll reform!!

Ann Lander (sospiro)
December 1st, 2015, 07:25 AM
omg! OMG!! I thought that it went down because of my operetta post!!

I'll reform!!

It's all your fault!!!

Seriously, I'd like to add my thanks to Luiz for this brilliant site.

Clayton
December 1st, 2015, 08:23 AM
For several hours yesterday, there was something important missing from my life...

Thank you Luiz

JohnGerald
December 1st, 2015, 04:55 PM
On a more serious note, when the site was down, my concern was that something nasty had happened to our Boardmeister. After all, he's no spring chicken. And with Anna's nuptuals in the near future ... :cry2:

Amfortas
December 1st, 2015, 05:34 PM
For several hours, I was able to pursue a normal human existence. Now, once again, that's over.

Thank you, Luiz.

Clayton
December 1st, 2015, 06:16 PM
For several hours, I was able to pursue a normal human existence...

:distant:

hmm

really?

Amfortas
December 1st, 2015, 06:28 PM
:distant:

hmm

really?

Relatively speaking. One does what one can.

Clayton
December 1st, 2015, 07:13 PM
Naturally.

Naturellement.