PDA

View Full Version : Hello and season's greetings

ltburgundy
December 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Hello everyone. Just a short introduction. I consider myself to be an opera newbie as I only "discovered" opera about four or five years ago. Although I'd always loved classical music, I gave opera a miss because I had several misconceptions about it. Now I'm trying to make up for lost time, and learn more about the operas, singers, and technical terms. Please forgive me if I ask questions which seem a bit silly to those of you who have been enjoying this art form for so much longer.

Season's greetings to all!

Ann Lander (sospiro)
December 25th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Hi ltburgundy & welcome to the forum.

Compared with most people on here I'm also a novice but I found that just by reading what the other members say, I've learned an awful lot.

Ask as many questions as you want. :)

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 25th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Everybody starts as a newbie... we've all been opera newbies at one point, no shame in it.
We pride ourselves in being friendly, welcoming, and non-snobbish.
So make yourself comfortable, and enjoy our site and community.

Soave_Fanciulla
December 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome Itburgundy.

HarpsichordConcerto
December 25th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Welcome! Opera probably suffers the most out of all classical music genres from misconceptions but that's why we have sites like this!

Amfortas
December 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Welcome, ltburgundy. Don't worry about silly questions. I ask them all the time, with far less excuse.

Soave_Fanciulla
December 27th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Welcome, ltburgundy. Don't worry about silly questions. I ask them all the time, with far less excuse.

Actually it's the silly answers you have to watch from amfortas:drunk: