PDA

View Full Version : Two outstanding new members you haven't met before

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Hi, my friends. We've had so far only members who knew us from other online venues. Today I'm pleased to introduce to you two new members who are joining our community for the first time.

hvogt is a retired professional mezzo-soprano, former university voice professor, and the leader of a large group of local opera fans in her town, with 103 members. They regularly screen opera DVDs and blu-rays with high quality equipment and a large auditorium. hvogt introduces the operas to the public. I expect that she'll be an outstanding contributor to Opera Lively.

moore712 joins us with extensive expertise in psychoanalysis, and will hopefully be a prolific participant of our new Opera and Psychoanalysis section, which was created thanks to his suggestion.

Let's welcome these new members! They haven't posted yet since I've just registered their accounts for them, but I expect that they'll be participating shortly.

Soave_Fanciulla
December 7th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Welcome hvogt and moore712. Look forward to some interesting discussions with you.

TxllxT
December 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hi, just logged in to look around in Almaviva's dream (: which happens to be the dream of many others as well, like Schigolch). I just would like to start making a suggestion. I'm not familiar with watching DVDs nor with watching Opera on YouTube. Perhaps you can start an introductory thread 'Opera for Dummies', where you gently lead someone interested into this visual-rich surroundings. I speak for myself: very often I don't like the visual distraction and am quick to flee back into my cosy cave of pure & undisturbed audio. But somewhere, somehow there must be a way to seduct me to get out of my cave.... When you are able to get me out, you will be able to introduce opera (with all its visual flair & plush) to many more people. I wish you well with this enterprise & mission!

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Hi, just logged in to look around in Almaviva's dream (: which happens to be the dream of many others as well, like Schigolch). I just would like to start making a suggestion. I'm not familiar with watching DVDs nor with watching Opera on YouTube. Perhaps you can start an introductory thread 'Opera for Dummies', where you gently lead someone interested into this visual-rich surroundings. I speak for myself: very often I don't like the visual distraction and am quick to flee back into my cosy cave of pure & undisturbed audio. But somewhere, somehow there must be a way to seduct me to get out of my cave.... When you are able to get me out, you will be able to introduce opera (with all its visual flair & plush) to many more people. I wish you well with this enterprise & mission!

Hi, TxllxT, glad to have you onboard, it's members like you who will make of this a successful project. And sure, we'll have lots of educational threads, and your suggestion is acknowledged, appreciated, and we'll oblige. This idea and others will give fruits progressively because building up from scratch has been a time-consuming task, but we'll get to it and will have a well-developed area for the visual aspects of opera - including because we have two very good experts on the staging part, Amfortas and Festat, so I'm expecting fireworks.

And your expertise in recordings will be just as important. I'm relieved that you've joined because we need you, my friend!

CountessAdele
December 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome TxllxT, hvogt, and moore712! The more the merrier!

Amfortas
December 7th, 2011, 06:20 PM
We have two very good experts on the staging part, Amfortas and Festat, so I'm expecting fireworks.

I only wish I were an expert. The truth is, I've learned a great deal about contemporary opera productions from other contributors--in particular, the always insightful Soave_Fanciulla! :)

Festat
December 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Oh, I too am buy no means an expert. (: I'm just very interested in the staging cause I often work with art direction in movies. The differences, though, are many and big. I can built a complete house for the camera easily, but I'm still very fresh to the stage dynamics and parameters.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 7th, 2011, 08:57 PM
At Amfortas and Festat - the two of you are clearly underestimating yourselves, I've read your posts about staging and they're great.