PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London

leonora
March 14th, 2017, 06:24 PM
I have just joined, so glad to have found this forum.:conductor:

I am a life-long opera lover, did my Ph.D on Wagner.....you can read it here if you are interested

https://www.academia.edu/1578714/A_comparison_of_Wagners_RING_and_William_Morriss_S IGURD_THE_VOLSUNG_Chapter_1

I love all opera, from the origins in Italy to operas by living composers, especially Harrison Birtwistle...loved seeing Ryan Wigglesworth's THE WINTER'S TALE last week.

Am looking forward to discussions here.

Festat
March 14th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Welcome! :)

leonora
March 14th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Thank you!

Ann Lander (sospiro)
March 14th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Hello leonora and welcome to the forum. It's great to have someone else from UK and I look forward to reading your posts.

Amfortas
March 14th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Welcome, leonora! We can never have too many Wagnerians!

Hoffmann
March 15th, 2017, 03:17 AM
Hi Leonora - Welcome to OL! Another Wagner lover certainly is welcome!

Soave_Fanciulla
March 15th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Hi Leonora, welcome to OL. Like you I like pretty much everything!

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
March 16th, 2017, 06:29 AM
I have just joined, so glad to have found this forum.:conductor:

I am a life-long opera lover, did my Ph.D on Wagner.....you can read it here if you are interested

https://www.academia.edu/1578714/A_comparison_of_Wagners_RING_and_William_Morriss_S IGURD_THE_VOLSUNG_Chapter_1

I love all opera, from the origins in Italy to operas by living composers, especially Harrison Birtwistle...loved seeing Ryan Wigglesworth's THE WINTER'S TALE last week.

Am looking forward to discussions here.
Someone who loves Wagner AND contemporary opera, just my kind of person! Welcome!

Clayton
March 17th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Hello Leonora!

Welcome to OL. It's a fabulous place to share your passion and knowledge. There are all sorts of interests here and all fun people to chat to.

Also, like Ann, I am a UK member too so a another UK welcome!