PDA

View Full Version : Technical Problems

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 9th, 2017, 07:42 PM
An attempt to upgrade to a newer version of the vBulletin software, done on 12/9/17, went wrong. The upgrade was done at 56% then aborted due to unexpected errors, resulting in several functions being currently disabled (like the Edit function, the Likes/Thanks). The site is slower than usual as the software seems to be struggling with two different sets of instructions, with the old version not having been properly over-written by the new version.

A technical support ticket has been started but hasn't been solved yet by vBulletin. Please be patient; we may encounter problems for a good while (hours or days) until everything is hopefully restored to proper functioning.

If ultimately this upgrade never completes properly and we need to restore a backed-up version of the site, the last back-up was done a few days ago (on 12/5/17 at 11:28 PM) so all posts after that date will be lost.

If you care for what you're posting in some particular way, save it elsewhere too so that you can re-post once the site is back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Ann Lander (sospiro)
December 10th, 2017, 12:26 PM
An attempt to upgrade to a newer version of the vBulletin software, done on 12/9/17, went wrong. The upgrade was done at 56% then aborted due to unexpected errors, resulting in several functions being currently disabled (like the Edit function, the Likes/Thanks). The site is slower than usual as the software seems to be struggling with two different set of instructions, with the old version not having been properly over-written by the new version.

A technical support ticket has been started but hasn't been solved yet by vBulletin. Please be patient; we may encounter problems for a good while (hours or days) until everything is hopefully restored to proper functioning.

If ultimately this upgrade never completes properly and we need to restore a backed-up version of the site, the last back-up was done a few days ago (on 12/5/17 at 11:28 PM) so all posts after that date will be lost.

If you care for what you're posting in some particular way, save it elsewhere too so that you can re-post once the site is back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Thanks for the update.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 10th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Still no resolution, more than 24hrs after the request for technical support. I sent an email to Support complaining of the wait, and all that they did was... open another ticket, without addressing the first one. Sigh...

Ann Lander (sospiro)
December 10th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Still no resolution, more than 24hrs after the request for technical support. I sent an email to Support complaining of the wait, and all that they did was... open another ticket, without addressing the first one. Sigh...

How frustrating and time consuming for you. All your hard work is much appreciated.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 10th, 2017, 06:58 PM
I disabled thanks/like for now since it's not working anyway. I'll see about reinstalling it after Custom Support responds (still nothing) or a new version of it if the old version is not compatible with the new vBulletin.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 11th, 2017, 05:43 PM
The upgrade script has completed. However the Thanks/Like function couldn't be restored. It appears like the version we have is not compatible with the updated vBulletin. I'll have to address the vendor of the add-on and I hope to eventually restore this function. For now and the next foreseeable days it will remain disabled.

On the good side, it doesn't seem like we'll need to restore a previous version of the site so everything posted after 12/6 should remain available.

Thanks for your patience while this issue was dealt with.

If you find any other glitch while dealing with the site, please let me know.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 13th, 2017, 03:31 AM
Thanks/Like has been restored.

The upgrade is complete. I hope everything is working properly now. Thanks for your patience and let me know if you encounter any difficulty.

Ann Lander (sospiro)
December 13th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks/Like has been restored.

The upgrade is complete. I hope everything is working properly now. Thanks for your patience and let me know if you encounter any difficulty.

Thank you! :encouragement: