PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Sussex, England

Da55id
July 29th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Da55id here! Hoping to expand my operatic horizons and meet similar 'nuts', Beyond opera, I enjoy classical music in general, ballet, literature, theatre etc etc

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 29th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Da55id here! Hoping to expand my operatic horizons and meet similar 'nuts', Beyond opera, I enjoy classical music in general, ballet, literature, theatre etc etc
Welcome to Opera Lively! Yep, we have 'nuts' here, LOL. I look forward to your contributions.

Ann Lander (sospiro)
July 29th, 2018, 06:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Clayton
July 30th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Welcome Da55id!

There's all sorts of nuts here, so you're bound to meet a similar nut. I am mainly a Handel nut but occasionally am a fruitcake. We're mainly about opera here but dabble in the world of classical music (Amfortas is building a library of classical music on the Bodleian scale) and ballet (I tend to wear a tutu on Friday nights) and other interests.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 30th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Welcome Da55id!

There's all sorts of nuts here
Not to forget that conveniently, the site owner is a nuts doctor (psychiatrist) so if people get too nutsy, I can help. LOL

Soave_Fanciulla
July 31st, 2018, 08:00 AM
Welcome to OL. I am certifiably bonkers about opera too.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
July 31st, 2018, 10:42 AM
Welcome to OL. I am certifiably bonkers about opera too.
Yep. Her bonkers certificate mentions that she is the lady who will starve her two daughters in order to buy opera CDs and DVDs.

Da55id
July 31st, 2018, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome!! By the way, has anyone been to the Opera House in Muscat, Oman? I believe that the new arts complex on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, which includes an opera house is completed this year. I did see Boheme a the Emirates' Palace a few years back.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
August 1st, 2018, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome!! By the way, has anyone been to the Opera House in Muscat, Oman? I believe that the new arts complex on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, which includes an opera house is completed this year. I did see Boheme a the Emirates' Palace a few years back.

I've never been to that part of the world. The closest I got was Morocco and Turkey.