PDA

View Full Version : The Local Area - please, add to it

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Dear members,

As you can see, I've added a lot to the North Carolina local area (my home base).

North Carolina announcements (http://operalively.com/forums/content.php/159-north-carolina)

Twelve entries, one of them being a complete schedule for the first semester of 2012, three of them review articles from local professional and student-driven live operatic performances, and eight of them containing various announcements of local performances, workshops, recitals, masterclasses, etc.

Opera exists everywhere. If you guys look it up and dig it out, you'll find similar events in your home base areas.

One of my dreams when starting Opera Lively is that it would become a resource for local communities everywhere around the world. We have members from many different countries and different American states, so there is no reason why only the North Carolina area should be more heavily populated with info.

Please, do your own scouting and send me PMs with your local events - I'll open an entry for your home base area in the Section Widget and will place your announcement there.

We have there some rare entries including Ohio, Washington State, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, and Brazil - some of these, initiated by me, from a distance, and just a couple sent to me by local members.

Come on, members! You can do it! Look up your local news, local opera company schedules, and you'll find stuff to include in this section. I count on you to make of it a real resource for people from your area who want to learn about available events and performances. Thank you in advance for your help.