PDA

View Full Version : Another milestone - Opera America membership

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 28th, 2012, 09:54 PM

I'm pleased to announce to members and staff that as of today, Opera Lively is an Associate Member of Opera America, the umbrella professional organization for opera companies (the only ones that are allowed full membership) and a select number of organizations that are considered to have educational value and engage in a truly supportive role for the development of the art form in the United States and Canada (Associate Members). We are proud that our application was approved, and that Opera Lively's worth has been recognized by the highest entity that congregates professional opera in North America. This was a mid or long-term goal of ours, and we are thrilled that even before our 90th day of existence we've been already granted this status. Our members and staff are to be commended for this achievement.

Aksel
February 28th, 2012, 09:59 PM
YAY US!

CountessAdele
February 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM
WE RULE! WOOO!

Aramis
February 28th, 2012, 10:23 PM
It's nice to hear but I would prefer to be member of Napoleon's hussars.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 29th, 2012, 12:06 AM
It's nice to hear but I would prefer to be member of Napoleon's hussars.
Aren't they dead?

Aramis
February 29th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Aren't they dead?

Yes, I guess you have to get satisfied with, ech... Opera America.

Or you can always attempt to join these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/French_Republican_Guard_cavalry_DSC03152.JPG/677px-French_Republican_Guard_cavalry_DSC03152.JPG

But all they do is appearing on parades.

These are tough times for hussars.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 29th, 2012, 12:14 AM
But all they do is appearing on parades.

These are tough times for hussars.

I'd say it's an easy time for hussars, if they get paid to just appear in parades.

Aramis
February 29th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I'd say it's an easy time for hussars, if they get paid to just appear in parades.

I didn't say that they are hussars, just that you can join them if you are one, for the sake of awesome uniform and stuff that these fake hussars have.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 29th, 2012, 12:20 AM
So you get an awesome uniform, stuff, and you get paid to appear in parades? Where do I sign up?

Aramis
February 29th, 2012, 12:26 AM
So you get an awesome uniform, stuff, and you get paid to appear in parades? Where do I sign up?

You send your cover of this song as admission to headquarters of Garde Républicaine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUdH9J6NnYQ

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 29th, 2012, 12:30 AM
You send your cover of this song as admission to headquarters of Garde Républicaine:

Erm... would they take Je crois entendre encore, instead? After all, they're French!

Aramis
February 29th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Erm... would they take Je crois entendre encore, instead? After all, they're French!

But only I'm so Paid will let them know if you're the one to get an awesome uniform, stuff, and you get paid to appear in parades. That's the trick, they are fake hussars and they listen to Akon when parade is over, they take off the uniforms and throw away the swords, they don't go to drink, dance, duel and make courtship with all that stuff on/with them, would you belive it? Such a misery.

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 29th, 2012, 01:05 AM
But only I'm so Paid will let them know if you're the one to get an awesome uniform, stuff, and you get paid to appear in parades. That's the trick, they are fake hussars and they listen to Akon when parade is over, they take off the uniforms and throw away the swords, they don't go to drink, dance, duel and make courtship with all that stuff on/with them, would you belive it? Such a misery.

Disgusting! They don't deserve those uniforms and stuff, then! No courtship? Why don a cool uniform if you don't go and flirt with the ladies? Pfffttt...

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
February 29th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Talking about milestones, it's cute to notice that if we keep up with the average number of hits we've been collecting daily (and there is no reason why it should be any different), we'll break the barrier of 100,000 hits before our 90th day!:onthego:

Ann Lander (sospiro)
February 29th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Now that's so much better .... I love the way a very serious thread, in which our esteemed leader opined such noble sentiments as

and a select number of organizations that are considered to have educational value and engage in a truly supportive role for the development of the art form in the United States and Canada (Associate Members). We are proud that our application was approved, and that Opera Lively's worth has been recognized by the highest entity that congregates professional opera in North America.

has degenerated into a discussion about fake hussars.

:hifive:

Seriously - congrats Alma on the Opera America membership ;)

Aksel
February 29th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Now that's so much better .... I love the way a very serious thread, in which our esteemed leader opined such noble sentiments as

[/b]

has degenerated into a discussion about fake hussars.

:hifive:

Don't they always?

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
March 1st, 2012, 12:05 AM
Yes, I said we needed to lighten up a little, and I've been trying to do so.:eatdrink2: