PDA

View Full Version : Guess who??

itywltmt
December 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Some of you may know me as a blogger, others as a fountain of knowkedge, but most of you know me by my unusual acronym handle. - which stands for the name of my bilingual music bliog "I Think You Will Love This Music Too".

Yes, we too in Canada know a thing or two about great music and - though not necessarily my genre of predilection -opera.

I will certainly have some musings for you in this new forum.

Et je ferai beaucoup de mes réflexions en français!

Soave_Fanciulla
December 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, itywltmt. Glad to know what your acronym stands for, I've just had fun trying to type it correctly in the French forum. Looking forward to some correspondence in French too, although I should warn you that I haven't written in French since 1972 and have rarely spoken it since moving to NZ in 1990 so I'm very rusty!

itywltmt
December 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forum, itywltmt. Glad to know what your acronym stands for, I've just had fun trying to type it correctly in the French forum. Looking forward to some correspondence in French too, although I should warn you that I haven't written in French since 1972 and have rarely spoken it since moving to NZ in 1990 so I'm very rusty!

I'm a Montrealer (born and raised) and lived in a bilingual - though primarily French - household. After Grad school (in Hamilton, ON) and marriage, we had an opportunity to live in Calgary.

Western Canada is a primarily (if not near-exclusively) English environment, and we lived there and raised 3 kids in that environment. Despite our best efforts at vigilance, our household became English, and since woirk and play were in English, I pretty much became rusty myself!

For about 3 and a half years now, we have moved back to Eastern Canada - Ottawa is a bilingual (almost 50-50 down the middle) city, and we live in the mostly French part of town. I work across the Ottawa River in Gatineau (in the Province of Quebec) so back to French. Sometimes I find it hard to put down exactly the right French word, but I'm getting better!

Practice and perseverance are key to getting it back!

Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)
December 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome, and I'm even rustier than Soave_Fanciulla with my French, so if I make mistakes, please PM the correction to me and I'll edit my posts.

Hilltroll72
December 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Some of you may know me as a blogger, others as a fountain of knowkedge, but most of you know me by my unusual acronym handle. - which stands for the name of my bilingual music bliog "I Think You Will Love This Music Too".

Yes, we too in Canada know a thing or two about great music and - though not necessarily my genre of predilection -opera.

I will certainly have some musings for you in this new forum.

Et je ferai beaucoup de mes réflexions en français!

I know you from another forum, of course. Your posts I have read there are as sensible as anybody's, but I feel as a Good Samaritan that I have noticed, possibly because I tend to scan rather than read sometimes, that your username sometimes comes in as 'nitwit'. Don't know if anybody else has that deficiency...

:)

itywltmt
December 10th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I know you from another forum, of course. Your posts I have read there are as sensible as anybody's, but I feel as a Good Samaritan that I have noticed, possibly because I tend to scan rather than read sometimes, that your username sometimes comes in as 'nitwit'. Don't know if anybody else has that deficiency...

:)

Alma, where`s the "like" button!!

Soave_Fanciulla
December 10th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Practice and perseverance are key to getting it back!

Don't I know it. The problem here is the lack of opportunity for oral practice - not a lot of French people live here. Now if it were Korean or Mandarin it would be different.