Like the "what CD listening to lately" thread what opera DVD, Blu Ray or youtube are you watching lately, any comments always welcome......

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of Norma videos, by far my favorite overall of all video versions is the Fiorenza Cedolins (even though Pollione and Andalgisa are not strongly cast as usual) which has great modern hybrid stage production (monolithic stonehenge columns with pagan glyphs) that is both visually dramatic and emotionally effective with HD picture quality. Very heartfelt tender rendition of Casta Diva which was literally a show stopper (very long ovation from audience) only one example of great scences here for lovely Fiorenza.....

The children which are usually an afterthought elsewhere are used in many more scences and more active than any other production, very clever and effective use. Also the final funeral pyre sequence often very weakly handled visually in other productions (usually just slowly walk off stage) is visually powerful and dramatic here with clever use of stage elements to amplify emotional impact

As usual I always watch with subttiles on as I always learn new little details every viewing no matter how many times I have seen or heard Norma

Did I mention that Fiorenza looks very beautiful as Norma here.......