Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Happy Holidays!

          
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    9,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Happy Holidays!

    Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everybody in the Opera Lively community!

    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  2. #2
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy new year etc.

    We have just had our Christmas lunch with my two girls and a friend of the eldest, a wonderful day!
    Natalie

  3. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
  4. #3
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    9,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy new year etc.

    We have just had our Christmas lunch with my two girls and a friend of the eldest, a wonderful day!
    So, you mean, the girls got some food, at last?
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  5. Likes Hoffmann liked this post
  6. #4
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) View Post
    So, you mean, the girls got some food, at last?
    I think once a year is a reasonable feeding schedule.
    Natalie

  7. #5
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all.

    " if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it."
    Roald Dahl

  8. Likes Florestan, Soave_Fanciulla liked this post
  9. #6
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy merry, everyone! Will spend the day with my ex-wife, her husband, my two kids, and their significant others. A modern family Christmas!

  10. #7
    Opera Lively Staff Member Top Contributor Member Hoffmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone from the not-so-sunny Colorado mountains. Enjoying Christmas with my sister and extended family.

    Name:  IMG_0048.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  92.5 KB

  11. #8
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone from the not-so-sunny Colorado mountains. Enjoying Christmas with my sister and extended family.

    Name:  IMG_0048.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  92.5 KB
    Wow that looks SO cold.
    Natalie

  12. #9
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Wow that looks SO cold.
    5 degrees F here in Detroit this morning. Plenty of snow cover, just no mountains.
    Since that night at the Polka, I don't understand you, Sheriff.
    --Ashby, La Fanciulla del West

  13. #10
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas just keeps on giving. I received a second gift card this Christmas, and unlike with the first one, I'm struggling to decide how to spend it. DVDs vs. CDs? Opera vs. instrumental? Big ticket item vs. multiple small purchases?

    Happy First-World Problems, everyone!

  14. #11
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    9,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amfortas View Post
    Christmas just keeps on giving. I received a second gift card this Christmas, and unlike with the first one, I'm struggling to decide how to spend it. DVDs vs. CDs? Opera vs. instrumental? Big ticket item vs. multiple small purchases?

    Happy First-World Problems, everyone!
    DVD, of course. Look at my signature.
    Opera, of course. What are we here for?
    Big ticket. Why not make of it, something memorable? Multiple small purchases? Nah, you can do that anytime, outside of this special occasion.

    Please tell us what you picked, once you reach a decision.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  15. Likes Soave_Fanciulla, Amfortas liked this post
  16. #12
    Opera Lively Staff Member Top Contributor Member Hoffmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that looks SO cold.

    It was very cold. There were 12 of us in a big house (AirBnB) about 30 minutes from Vail - at 10,000 feet. They all went skiing. I haven't been on skis in some 50 years, my knees aren't what they were and my balance isn't what it was, so I stayed behind.

    For the record, I hate cold weather and also discovered that I'm not crazy about spending a whole lot of time at 10,000 feet!

    I'm home now and it's still cold (right now it's 11:18 AM and 19F/-7C with a windchill of 6F/-14C) - an Arctic Blast is torturing the upper U.S. and it's not even January. Geez.

    So much for walking.

    Oh, and Happy New Year everybody!!

  17. #13
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    It was very cold. There were 12 of us in a big house (AirBnB) about 30 minutes from Vail - at 10,000 feet. They all went skiing. I haven't been on skis in some 50 years, my knees aren't what they were and my balance isn't what it was, so I stayed behind.

    For the record, I hate cold weather and also discovered that I'm not crazy about spending a whole lot of time at 10,000 feet!

    I'm home now and it's still cold (right now it's 11:18 AM and 19F/-7C with a windchill of 6F/-14C) - an Arctic Blast is torturing the upper U.S. and it's not even January. Geez.

    So much for walking.
    That is a dangerous temperature and with the wind chill as well, staying in is the best option. I hate the cold too; always have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    Oh, and Happy New Year everybody!!
    Happy New Year to you and to everyone!

    " if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it."
    Roald Dahl

  18. #14
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New year! we celebrated by taking a picnic to a deserted beach (in the middle of the city, requires a bit of a walk) and watching the sea birds and other people's fireworks. It was about 20C / 68F so very pleasant.
    Natalie

  19. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
  20. #15
    Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Happy New year! we celebrated by taking a picnic to a deserted beach (in the middle of the city, requires a bit of a walk) and watching the sea birds and other people's fireworks. It was about 20C / 68F so very pleasant.
    Sounds perfect!
    " if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it."
    Roald Dahl

  21. Likes Soave_Fanciulla liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Holidays and a great New Year
    By Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) in forum Off-topic discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2017, 01:25 PM
  2. Happy Holidays!
    By Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) in forum Off-topic discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 26th, 2015, 12:06 AM
  3. Happy 4th of July
    By Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) in forum Off-topic discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 5th, 2015, 03:51 AM
  4. Happy Valentine's Day!
    By Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) in forum Off-topic discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM
  5. Happy Father's Day
    By itywltmt in forum Non-Operatic, Non-Vocal Classical Music
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 17th, 2012, 12:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


free html visitor counters
hit counter




Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Asheville Lyric Opera

Official Media Partners of UNC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of UNC Opera
Dept. of Music, UNC-Chapel Hill College of Arts and Sciences

www.operalively.com

VISIT WWW.OPERALIVELY.COM FOR ALL YOUR OPERA NEEDS