Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 33 of 33

Thread: Operettas (various composers) on CD/DVD/Blu Ray

          
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amfortas View Post
    I now have Breton's La Verbena de la Paloma, featuring Placido Domingo, in my vast unlistened-to-CD pile.

    Someday maybe I too will find out if I like zarzuela.
    Maybe we should have a special thread (or even Forum section) to encourage the enjoyment of zarzuela!
    "Ah,non credea mirarti si presto estinto, o fiore." --Bellini, La Sonnambula (also written on his tomb).

  2. #32
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post
    Maybe we should have a special thread (or even Forum section) to encourage the enjoyment of zarzuela!
    I'm afraid that a Forum section wouldn't have enough takers, given that zarzuela is popular in Spain, Cuba, and a few other Spanish-speaking places, and we don't have a large Spanish-speaking community on Opera Lively. We do have the Spanish area of our site but it isn't exactly taking off.

    But you're welcome to add a new thread. If that thread becomes very popular, then it might justify a new forum section.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  3. Likes Florestan liked this post
  4. #33
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    2,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) View Post
    I'm afraid that a Forum section wouldn't have enough takers, given that zarzuela is popular in Spain, Cuba, and a few other Spanish-speaking places, and we don't have a large Spanish-speaking community on Opera Lively. We do have the Spanish area of our site but it isn't exactly taking off.

    But you're welcome to add a new thread. If that thread becomes very popular, then it might justify a new forum section.
    Well, I was being tongue-in-cheek there. should have put an appropriate smiley, but never could find what I wanted in the smiley tray here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amfortas View Post
    I now have Breton's La Verbena de la Paloma, featuring Placido Domingo, in my vast unlistened-to-CD pile.

    Someday maybe I too will find out if I like zarzuela.

    I think anyone pursuing Zarsuela would do well to go with those productions featuring Placido Domingo. So I may have to check this one out.
    "Ah,non credea mirarti si presto estinto, o fiore." --Bellini, La Sonnambula (also written on his tomb).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


free html visitor counters
hit counter




Official Media Partners of Opera Carolina

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Opera Carolina

Official Media Partners of NC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of North Carolina Opera

Official Media Partners of Greensboro Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Greensboro Opera

Official Media Partners of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute and Piedmont Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of The A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute
of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and Piedmont Opera

Official Media Partners of Asheville Lyric Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of Asheville Lyric Opera

Official Media Partners of UNC Opera

Opera Lively is the Official Media Partner of UNC Opera
Dept. of Music, UNC-Chapel Hill College of Arts and Sciences

www.operalively.com

VISIT WWW.OPERALIVELY.COM FOR ALL YOUR OPERA NEEDS