Thread: Patricia Janeckova is growing more and more

Bookmark and Share
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Patricia Janeckova is growing more and more

Patricia Janeckova was for a while a very pretty teenager who sang the light repertory very well even before formal training. She's been out of the spotlight for a while, focusing on her full operatic training that she is undergoing at the Janacek Conservatory in her home city, Ostrava (the capital of the Moravian-Silesian region in the Czech Republic) - she is also a student of the Department of Vocal Studies of the University of Ostrava.

Here, one of her older video clips, still as a teenager:

Patricia recently published a few more video clips after two years of silence to focus on her studies. Strangely enough, she seems to have dyed her hair pitch black (from previously light brown/reddish hues). I think her new look is very attractive (my wife thinks that her previous hair color matched better the tone of her skin). Now at age 22, she is no longer a teenager, but rather a young adult. I look forward to the end of her training, and to a career on the operatic stage. During her training she has already appeared in four full productions, in The Magic Flute, The Marriage of Figaro, Roméo et Juliette, and Così fan Tutte, starting to make the transition from concert/recital young singer to adult opera singer (her teacher said that after Patricia stopped appearing as a child prodigy and decided to take operatic singing seriously, she had to work on stamina, because of course singing a few arias is one thing; singing a full operatic role is another totally different and much harder task).

Here, two recent video clips that Patricia added to her YouTube channel, a couple of months ago. First, with the reddish hair... second, with the black hair, you be the judges if I'm right or my wife is, about her looks.

Observe that in the second clip, even though Patricia is simulating the piano play and is playing over a sound track, she demonstrates that she does indeed know how to play the piano very proficiently, in this enticing piece by Rossini.

"J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

2. Likes MAuer, Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Opera Lively News Coordinator Top Contributor Member MAuer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    She certainly has a lovely voice, and I'm glad she decided to focus on a serious career rather than the temporary fame of other adolescent "opera stars." But I also agree with your wife -- her natural hair color looks a little better on her (not that she's unattractive with black hair).

4. Thanks Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) thanked for this post
    Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAuer View Post
    She certainly has a lovely voice, and I'm glad she decided to focus on a serious career rather than the temporary fame of other adolescent "opera stars." But I also agree with your wife -- her natural hair color looks a little better on her (not that she's unattractive with black hair).
    Yes, Patricia apparently seems to like to change her looks from time to time, and I think she is always attractive. And she has very good taste in terms of outfits (beautiful gowns, stylish casual clothes - my wife also added that her belt costs above $300...).

Listen to these two clips. Very beautiful.

"J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

6. Likes MAuer liked this post
    Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very happy that my first impression of this thread title is not true. When I saw the word growing, I thought of excess weight gain.
    "Music is enought for a whole lifetime--but a lifetime is not enough for music." --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

8. Likes Ann Lander (sospiro) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post
    I am very happy that my first impression of this thread title is not true. When I saw the word growing, I thought of excess weight gain.
    LOL. Thankfully not. She looks like she is in top physical shape.

It's interesting that my wife had a similar thought. She said, "we'll see for how long she will look good like this; opera singers tend to gain weight..." and she mentioned the example of Anna Netrebko who used to be a hot, slim young woman, and now is quite voluminous as an older woman (although her voice is gorgeous and better than ever; Anna seems to always improve with time, vocally speaking).

10. Likes Florestan liked this post
    Opera Lively News Coordinator Top Contributor Member MAuer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think La Bellissima has a more mature figure, but she's by no means overweight. I'd be thrilled if I looked that good. (I'd be even more thrilled if I sounded that good!)

12. Likes Florestan liked this post