Thread: Opera Small Talk

Bookmark and Share
    Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    Helmet? Whaddyamean helmet? Who wears a helmet in Italy?
    Everybody. You didn't know?
    You can't enter Italy without a helmet.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Banned Top Contributor Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You laugh and I'm in serious trouble

Post Thanks / Like
    So I tried on https://biglietteria.listicket.it/ and somehow got to choose ticket and almost finish the order, but they have likewise weird options:

RITIRO SUL LUOGO DELL'EVENTO
    Selezionando questa opzione ritirerai i titoli il giorno dell'evento.
    Ti ricordiamo che i tagliandi acquistati tramite internet potranno essere ritirati a partire da 1 ora prima dell`inizio dello spettacolo presso lo sportello accrediti all`Auditorium.
    CORRIERE ESPRESSO ITALIA con costo aggiuntivo di 12.00 €
    Selezionando questa opzione riceverai i biglietti all'indirizzo da te indicato. (conferma o modifica quanto appresso riportato)
    There is also
    STAMPA A CASA
    ATTENZIONE: PER ASSISTERE ALLO SPETTACOLO NECESSARIO PRESENTARE IL TITOLO DI ACCESSO. RICORDATI DI STAMPARE DOPO LA CONFERMA DELL'ORDINE
    Well, I'm leaning toward CORRIERE ESPRESSO ITALIA because then a moustached Italian geezer (like crossing between Toscanini and Super Mario) will travel from Rome to my city on 50-years old motorcycle, but does CORRIERE ESPRESSO ITALIA deliver internationally (no information, the site is Italian) and how much more will I pay? And what did they write about the other option with getting ticket right before the event?

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you go for RITIRO SUL LUOGO DELL'EVENTO? Then you don't need to worry about whether they deliver outside Italy?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like
    Because I would be afraid to the very last minute that I'm going to spend money, nerves and time on travel just to find out that I (or they) did something wrong and I can't attent the concert after I get there

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, come on, Aramis, that's the Will Call window, it's routinely used by most venues and they don't do anything wrong. Take your receipt with you in the very unlikely case that they'dl do something wrong.

Are you serious that you are this hesitant, or are you just kidding?
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Opera Lively's Journalist Involved Member Elektra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another story about tickets

Crazy thing I did yesterday...

I've waited from 2 p.m. in windy! -15 degrees to get a ticket for Faust with Jonas Kaufmann and Inva Mula. It was sooooo freeeeezing! But guess what? I got a place in the first row standing room parterre, which is the best standing position in Vienna State opera. And all that standing, waiting and freezing was totally worth it! The performance was great

Btw: nice article about standing room tickets in Vienna State opera: http://mostlyopera.blogspot.com/2008...nna-state.html

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sir Thomas Allen taken ill & director acts the role

I know someone who was there & he said the whole performance was poor. Two other singers had cancelled as well.

Get well soon Sir Thomas.
    "Every theatre is an insane asylum, but an opera theatre is the ward for the incurables."

FRANZ SCHALK, attributed, Losing the Plot in Opera: Myths and Secrets of the World's Great Operas

Opera Lively News Coordinator Top Contributor Member MAuer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also hope Sir Thomas recovers soon, and that Mrs. K is on the mend. It's at least a relief to know that Simon's own ailment doesn't require any hospitalization. (That business of Jonas Kaufmann and the chest surgery last summer was downright scary for a while.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    No this is really going too far. Sooo jealous.
    Well, technically, there is no indication that this was really going too far. Did she kiss him? Did he kiss her back?
    *I* kissed Anna, and she kissed me back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted Ernesto Palacio and we agreed that I'm going to send him my song and perhaps he will pass it further to Le Zanzarone

I would like to say it makes me hopeful and serene but unfortunately I'm on my last legs

Senior Member Veteran Member Aksel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waddayaknow, Gary Lehman has cancelled his Tristan next month in Oslo. He'll be replaced by Robert Gambill and John Uhlenhopp.

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    very buzzworthy......nice strapping young lad

Really enjoyed his recent King Henry in the Anna Bolena Vienna with Netrebko Blu Ray
    He was a dayyum fine figure of a man in that. No sign of the real Henry's piggy little eyes, priggish lips and ulcerated leg.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like
    Les Troyens: