Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Complete operas on youtube

Bookmark and Share
    Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luisa Miller is also currently available on Culturebox - I just finished watching it. Not bad, but Kunde lost the plot in "quando la sera al placido" and even cracked on a note, which was disappointing.

Re Downloading - I use "Internet Download Manager". You have to buy the software but I have found it is worth it. Downloads from most sites but not culture box. Don't know if there is anything better out there???
    Natalie

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva) View Post
    You know, Annie, I don't know how to download from YouTube. Do you need special software? I certainly would love to have a copy of a production with "our" Richard Ollarsaba in it.
    There are some free ones but Nat's suggestion is probably the best. My speed prohibits downloading.
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Senior Member Involved Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can download from youtube with "4k downloader"
    you copy the url of the video in the program and the program downloads the file

if you use firefox you can also use "download helper" which is an add-on of Firefox

Opera Lively Site Owner / Administrator / Chief Editor Top Contributor Member Luiz Gazzola (Almaviva)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mario View Post
    you can download from youtube with "4k downloader"
    you copy the url of the video in the program and the program downloads the file

if you use firefox you can also use "download helper" which is an add-on of Firefox
    Thanks, I actually got the free one Annie recommended (rather than the paying one Nat recommended) and it worked quite well, actually. While I'm not that knowledgeable regarding this kind of stuff, compression rates, definition and such, this free one seemed to do the job very well with the big advantage that well, it is free - well, but yours seem to be free too, right? I couldn't see any difference in playing the downloaded file and the YouTube file, seemed to me to have the same image definition and the same sound quality. Mario, do you think your options are superior in any way, or is it enough to just go with the one Annie linked to?
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Senior Member Involved Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi Luiz
    if yours have the same image definition and sound of the original you don't need anything else, it is impossibile to improve the quality of a download.

4k downloader is free in its basic version, there is a premium version who allows you to download all the movies of a playlist with one click, and this version is not free, but it's not very expensive

Opera Lively Media Consultant Top Contributor Member Ann Lander (sospiro)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soave_Fanciulla View Post
    ... but you get a clearer picture and French subtitles on Culturebox, until 12 January. PLEASE WATCH IT.

Yes ma'am
    "The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Senior Member Top Contributor Member Clayton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished watching Handel's' Ariodante from Aix-en-Provence, with a top cast including Patricia Petibon, Sarah Connolly, Sandrine Piau, Sonia Prina, David Portillo, and Luca Tittoto. The production by Richard Jones was some of the clearest story telling in a Handel opera I have ever seen, with great emotional impact, some amazingly virtuosic and moving puppet work, and the creepiest villain ever (brava Sonia Prina, your Polinesso made me feel quite queasy)...
    Excellent ballo and evil ba$tard Polinesso. Very good performances from all the cast.

Thanks for that pointer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Soave_Fanciulla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For fans of Jonas, Eva-Maria, and doomed love in the French Revolution:

Natalie

Senior Member Veteran Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    Cyberhug!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGerald View Post
    Cyberhug!
    Why thank you kind sir!
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Senior Member Veteran Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    Why thank you kind sir!
    With all that Donizetti, much of which I have not seen? The thanks go your way, gracious lady.

Opera Lively Moderator Top Contributor Member Amfortas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For fans of Jonas, Eva-Maria, and doomed love in the French Revolution:
    Hurry up with the DVD! Me want!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday night's Lucia di Lammermoor from Munich with Damrau and Breslik

Lucy Maud Montgomery

Senior Member Top Contributor Member Florestan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can't practicably go through the 28 pages, so at the expense of a repeat, I'll post this excellent production of Pergolesi's La Serva Padrona (I could do without the extra antics of the two guys though, but the singing and set are very nice):

There are other complete La Serva Padrona's out there, two I know of from the 1950s and one is sung in English. If there is interest I can try to find them again and post them. One stars Anna Moffo and she does a beautiful job. Most of the Anna Moffo one is available on You Tube with English Subtitles too.